[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sharing how I got some blueprints (without coins)

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited August 2022 in General Chat
Edited : removed vague information now I've completed the collection reward chain without needing to spend coins.

hey hey,

I found the advice online about housing very vague at best so I thought I'd share how I'm getting my hands on blueprints without needing coins.

Quests & 'Collection Rewards' are the answer.

I unlocked my first quest when I obtained 20 furniture items. The next when I collected my 'collection reward' (*disclaimer: I didn't know about collection rewards until today so I had a couple to collect, unsure if the next quest unlocks at 3 or 6) and the last quest when I reached 20 blueprints. I'm sorry to say but I forget which one didn't give me blueprints, but you want to do the quests when you get them, they're not daily, they only pop up when you reach a milestone (like collect 20 furniture pieces) and it starts with the caretaker in your house. You will not get the next quest until you finish the one you are on.

*edit: If you get the same first quest as me the 'Salad' is sold at the 24hr Mobile Store, map name: Another Door (area: Sleepywood), the meat at the merchant in Orbis but the meat is more easy to get*

First things first, make sure you're sending your caretaker out shopping everyday as well as speak to them daily to raise their stats because raising stats results in faster shopping times and chances of coins as well as the furniture item. To send them shopping, be in your house, click 'Furnishing storage' on the UI then select the shopping tab. There you can send them on 6hr or 9hr trips, the fun interactive furniture (punchbag, oven, anvil etc etc) comes from the 9hr trips. I've also noticed on the 'collection reward' that mushroom house, period and townhouse all have the reward bar but the Old world and Trophy do not. I've just been collecting the 9hr Mushroom house items and I'm already 20/20 blueprints thanks to the rewards + quest.

8vMZfHA.png

To claim your rewards click the 'Furnishing Storage' option on the housing UI (be in your home) then select the 'collection' tab then select what furniture theme you have been collecting, in my case the screenie shows 'mushroom house'

6JdLLZI.png

I have reach 20/20 blueprints (needed for the main DJ/mirror ball quest) and have not spent a single coin. I want to mention, because it was bugging me so it might be bugging someone else reading this, I have not had any luck on any boss furniture drop. It didn't say on patch notes but the drop is not 100%, RNG is still at play and even when I have maxed drop rate RNG hates me. I'm only saying this because you can finish the DJ/mirror ball quest without needing those boss drops. EDIT: While on the dj booth quest every item of furniture counts towards the tally, so if you end up with 10 frames mushrooms that will add towards the quest tally however for your housing reward collection it will only be counted once.

If you buy the one piece of furniture from Miranda (in town) that she sells for mesos each day, even if it's the same as the one you already have just buy it (I have so many pig pictures) and add that item to storage (by clicking it to "learn" it) plus you're sending your caretaker shopping every 6/9hrs you will complete the quest in time. As mentioned I haven't spent a single coin and I'm only 2 furniture pieces away from finishing the dj/mirror ball quest. So it's doable without needing to spend coins or getting boss furniture drops.

Hope this helps some.

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited August 2022
    update: RNG played a huge roll when it came to unlocking that final item I needed to complete the collection reward chain. I have a feeling the less patient will waste coins with Miranda trying to get that elusive furniture piece. Just be patient, it took over a week until I stopped getting furniture items I already owned but it does happen.

When you unlock the final expansion blueprint it triggers a quest. You can not build your last expanded home in a day, it takes a week to finish. So far it's been collect 30 [building material] by hunting mobs at your level' type of quests. But only one quest a day can be taken/finished and you can't double up so if you start the quest but don't finish it until the next day you still need to wait until the day after that to start the next expansion quest. The fastest time allotted to finish the expansion quest is a week. Just FYI.

Coins do come easier at the end. I had an excess of multiple furniture items while I was trying to get items I didn't own yet to finish the reward collection so I trashed the multiples for coins. I found it's very easy to fill up your furniture storage so be mindful what you keep because you may not have room to finish the collection reward chain your working on.

Edit/update: Coins play more of a role once you have expanded your house.

Once you have built the expanded house (takes a week) it reverts back to the basic aesthetic design.
    OnmkNLI.png
    (expanded vs standard)

The blueprints you obtained to decorate your house via the collection reward chain are 'standard' blueprints so if you like the aesthetics of your house before you expanded it you need to buy 'expanded' blueprints with Querencia coins to make it look like it did. 8 querencia coins for the same type of blueprints you got via the collection rewards, 16 querencia coins for some new ones you haven't seen yet. Be mindful there is a cap on converting coins to querencia coins. If you're chasing those 16 Querencia coin blueprints you will not unlock it in a month, there is a cap. I think you can get 11 Querencia coins in a month so if you have already converted and purchased a 8 coin blueprint you will be in for a wait while you wait each month for that conversion coin cap to be lifted.

If you like an eclectic mix of furniture items or just like changing up the look for your house from time to time you will need coins to expand your storage, it's far far too small ATM and your bags will be filled with furniture items you don't want to trash. One can only hope furniture storage expansion coupons will make an appearance in event shops moving forward or this is going to be frustrating to those who enjoy decorating.

Can't highlight enough that coins do become easier to get when you start getting multiple items back to back thanks to bad RNG shopping trips. Just add them to your storage then trash for a coin.
  • jewelskyjewelsky
    Reactions: 700
    edited May 2023
    Ok so I have 8 Querencia coins but I am still not able to purchase blueprints from Kenneth. "YOU CANNOT MAKE THE PURCHASE BECAUSE YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS".....what requirements? Keeping in mind that I was just able to use Jenny as a caretaker, if that helps.