[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Amazing mistake by this company

LigmaContractorLigmaContractor
Reactions: 420
edited August 2022 in Rants and Raves
In EU Reboot, at around level 28, Jett gets a quest from Fanzy (the Ellinel Fairy Academy cat NPC) that automatically teleports the player to the top right of a jump quest map. I'm a person like many others who were holding the Interact key to get the all the story quests for the achievement so when I was tp'd I thought "ok a story map let's go", then realised it was a jump quest map since I couldn't use my jump skill, all of this after I walked off the first top right platform and fell to the bottom as in every jump quest, the platforms are all and Jett has what seems to be the highest movespeed in the entire game at least in second class. I tried doing the quest but found out soon enough that it was nearly impossible without full HOURS of infuriating gameplay because Nexon decided it was a good idea to let the player keep its passive speed boosts for a jump quest map in a map designed for the typical slow speed in jump quest maps, meaning you had to be extremely specific with fine-tuned movements in order to get just enough speed to not fall off the next platform, and do so about 30 times in a row without failing once. In about 50 attempts I made about 4 jumps total and I never considered myself a bad jump quest player. The guide for free tp's is disabled. Town scrolls, also disabled. Logging off and back in puts you in the same map. Can't reset skill points to get rid of the additional move speed. Literally forced to delete the character and make sure to skip the quest. Absolutely disgusting.

All of this because of careless developers not playing their own fking game and testing their own sht properly before shipping it out to their playerbase.

Edit: For some goddamn reason the option to tp to the jett ship was available, had to wait 50 minutes to use it because of the nonsensical cooldown that exists though lmao
Does not change the fact that every singular thing with that quest is as wrong as it could possibly be, and I just happened to find one fking ray of light that didn't force me to delete the character altogether. I also don't have mesos on the character since I had made it 20 minutes earlier to this situation, so I couldn't buy a hyper tp rock in the cash shop, which to my knowledge of the game would be the only other thinkable solution IF Nexon allowed to use the rock, if not, only the ship tp skill works.
Also realised there isn't even an achievement for Jett Story Quests, I wonder why PAHAHAHAHA
Nexdreal