[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Skin Slots in Character Salon - GMS QoL

happycowshappycows
Reactions: 1,020
edited November 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi - I've been told that Nexon staff might actually read suggestions from here.

Why does GMS lack Skin color slots in the character salon? Does the GMS team know that this feature does not exist here and that players would be very happy to have it?

From what i understand KMS already has had this for quite some time. It seems like something very simple to add to GMS, but for some reason has been ignored.

Is the GMS team aware of this?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2022
    The reason for this lack is historical.

GMS got its Salon long before KMS got the mannequin system.
    At the time, all skin colors were always obtainable, by using a Cash Shop coupon, so it was not considered necessary to store them. (As opposed to Royal hairstyles and faces, which could go out of rotation and be impossible to re-obtain for years at a time)

When KMS got their hair and face saving system, it was far worse. Much more expensive (I think it was something like 15k NX per slot, compared to 1k in GMS?) and much more limited (only up to 3 or 5 slots, compared to 100 in GMS). So, obviously, we didn't want that system to replace our Salon.

Being unable to save skins only became a problem when Nexon started giving out and selling coupons for skin colors that aren't available from the regular cash shop coupons: rosy/blushed skin, "marble" skins, and "cowhide" skins.

The GMS team is aware that this is a problem. Sadly, I don't know whether, when, or how they intend to fix it.
    happycows
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited November 2022
    Thanks for providing some historical perspective, and its good to know that they are aware of this issue.

I was sad that i "couldn't" use the marble skin from Destiny coin shop because i didn't want to permanently overwrite my current skin

Hopefully they can provide us with a solution