[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Phantom Revamp/Rework

IambicPantameterIambicPantameter
Reactions: 800
edited November 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi Nexon Korea and US,

I just wanted to suggest a rework in regards to a lot of concerns us Phantom Maplers have.

Here are some suggestions:

- Remove the current version of skill steal and give Phantom its own permanent version of the strongest skills of each explorer class in each job progression (dark sight, magic guard, pathfinder mobbing skills, warrior buff skill, cross surge, holy symbol, final cut, cannon bazooka, sacrosanctity, bullseye shot) while also removing existing phantom skills except for carte noir, carte blanche, judgment draw, luck of the draw, tempest, and mille aguiles
- Introduce a new version of Impeccable Memory that allows you to steal a non-passive skill from non-explorer class (e.g. Kanna's Kishin, Dawn Warrior's Styx Crossing Hyper, Mercedes' Leaf Tornado) for each job advancement including hypers
- Rework Luck of the Draw to allow Phantoms to select specific effects they want to trigger upon hitting 40/40 cards while also giving buffs like IED, Boss, and Crit Damage for disabling one of the 5 options. There is literally no reason why we need +20% crit from judgment draw once we already have 100% crit rate. Not concerned about elemental and status resistance as a LOTD effect as this should already be built into the class as a passive
- Allow skills to trigger passives like showdown creating shuriken
- Change tempest damage and duration back to normal
- Create hyper passive that adds 1 line per hit to Mille Aguiles as this is the main bossing + mobbing skill of phantoms
- Introduce 1 ranged and 1 physical mobbing skill with vertical hitboxes for each job advancement that's derived from explorer skills
- Make judgment draw always auto
- Buff passive DEF while increasing HP for survivability
- Buff passive crit damage as this class is not hard to reach 100% crit with, yet they have some of the weakest base crit damage without cubes, legion, or ability and struggle during 4th - 5th job if unfunded
- Buff the current flash jump distance and allow both upwards and downwards flash jump
- Somehow rework the ping-dependent Shroud Walk skill to just be a single teleport with the ability to channel the teleport (i-frame) for up to 2 seconds to cover longer distance albiet with a cooldown

These are just some of the many things that Phantom needs a rework on. They are pretty easy to mob with in its current state, but after the Destiny update the class has fallen off significantly as Phantoms can no longer steal crucial skills like haste, rage, and raging blow. Also, with the v.237 update the 150% damage to normal monsters buff is great and all. The class just needs a dang rework. It's literally 10 years old and the game isn't the same anymore since maps started going vertical with more platforms.

Let me know what you guys think.
  1. Does Phantom need a rework/revamp?1 vote
    1. Yes
       100% (1 vote)
    2. Yes
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2022
    A non serious poll and some of your suggestions sound overpowered, can't take it seriously.
  • AigisAigis
    Reactions: 200
    i dont have issue with his survivability. its mostly his overall damage mobbing and poor skills of his own. he really only has 4 decent skills that arent passives or buffs and one of those skills has a 3 min cooldown.
    i havent been here since the creation so perhaps im a little ignorant of past balance changes, but if the whole point of the class is to steal skills i dont see why they should be weakened or limited to the extent that they are.
    i find it hilarious he doesnt really have any decent bossing mobbing attack skills of his own and somehow the best things to steal are more buff/utility skills.