[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to claim Cygnus Knights rewards

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited November 2022 in Bug Reporting
World: Elysium
Character: Sunshores / lv. 205
Job: Thunder Breaker

I'm unable to open the 'All Knights Honor pet box' because it asks me to type in my name to collect the reward, I do so and it will not recognize the correctly entered name.

I've tried everything, caps, lowercase, the proper way (with capital S then all lower case), I've tried the "old" way claim/Sunshores, I've tried 'Character name', I've tried Lv. 205 Sunshores, Lv.205 Sunshores and nothing. It keeps saying the configuration is wrong... it's only one basic name, no special characters.

I'm qualified to open the box, I got through Mihile's spiel over and over again but I can not claim the box because the name isn't recognized. It says I can't claim the gift unless the configuration is entered properly. What configuration???

So frustrating.

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    edited November 2022
    update:

I submitted a ticket and wanted to cut and paste the reply here in case anyone encounters this bug:

"
    Hello Mapler,

We believe the reason Sunshores is having an issue is due to a bugged overlap with the chat filter, which is censoring your character's name when it is used as an input in the dialogue box. Unfortunately, until this underlying issue is resolved, you won't be able to claim items directly from Sunshores.

Again, I recommend keeping an eye on the MapleStory website for any updates regarding this issue: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news

If you need help with anything else, please let us know by submitting a new ticket.

"

So ATM an unsolvable bug.

All you can do, if you encounter this bug, is to submit a ticket so they can investigate if your character is also impacted by this. You can submit tickets via the support center, you will need to log in then click 'Submit Request' to create a ticket.
  • JerebugJerebug
    Reactions: 1,841
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2022
    Hi Mapler,

I'm incredibly sorry to hear about this. I'm happy to hear that support got back to you, but obviously this still isn't resolved.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I recommend, if you're okay with it, asking support to change your IGN so that you are able to claim rewards.

Further, I have forwarded a suggestion to the team regarding the removal of chat censors in reward dialogues.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Happy Mapling!
    Khongi
  • HoniggirlHoniggirl
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2023
    Hi, I'd like to know if this issue has been fixed or if there's any update. I'm having the same problem and the event is about to finish.
    Thanks
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited March 2023
    No it hasn't been fixed yet. They keep closing my tickets now, I have three characters that suffer from this, just found out the hard way on one after hunting 400 star candies for the I Haven't Done Anything gold axe item. I have asked for a name change but they won't do that for free and can not guarantee the new name change will help anyway.

I kind of refuse to pay to correct a problem that is caused by their error anyway, doesn't seem fair TBH.

Sorry, no good news yet.