[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Furnishing not obtained during housing tutorial

RobinnerRobinner
Reactions: 1,015
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2023 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
item/quest

Brief bug summary:
When doing the tutorial for the housing system, you are given a quest that requires you to move the bed in your house using the "Place Furnishing" button at the top of your screen. At this point, you are supposed to have the following two furnishings in your house: Old Hardwood Single Bed and Old Wooden Window (see this video by Daboki, timestamp 4.27: https://youtu.be/VQ59GXrDWDk?t=267).
However, when I received this quest, both these items had disappeared from my house. They were also not present in the menu that popped up when I clicked the "Place Furnishing" button. Even though I was unable to move any furnishings (due to me not having any furnishings), the quest was still marked as completed.
The follow-up quest then requires you to actually sleep in your bed. Again, this quest was immediately completed despite me missing a bed.
The other items that you receive during the tutorial all appear as "use"-items in your inventory when you receive them, and I was able to claim these without any problems.

More details:
The furnishing "Old Hardwood Single Bed" seems to be unobtainable outside of the tutorial. This effectively locks me, and anyone else who starts this quest now, out of ever obtaining this item.

Steps to reproduce:
- Obtain a house once your character reaches level 200 by initiating the quest "A Place of Your Own"
- Go to your house and begin the tutorial
- Once you are required to move your bed, you notice that there is no furnishing present in your house

Character name:
Robinner

Character level:

Character job:
Arch Mage (I/L)

World name:
EU Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
February 11th, 2023, around 21:30h
Time zone : CET
Vimi

Comments

• CinnaGotardoCinnaGotardo
    The exact same thing happened to me today. Did you got an answer?
  • AsoAso
    Reactions: 100
    Bump, any update?

Happened to me today on NA Reboot

IGN: Wacs (Shadower)
    Level:200
    I even tried the option to reset the tutorial and still end up with no bed or window to move. quest is just complete.
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    Bump. I had this happen to me today as well. Tutorial didn't give me a bed or window to move, just skipped right to already being complete. The only piece of furniture I actually got and can use in my house was the Fabric Armchair after several other quests.