[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Item disappears immediately when dropped

arisuchansenpaiarisuchansenpai
Reactions: 300
edited March 2023 in Bug Reporting
Hi!

So I have a friend who started playing Maplestory for the first time (Luminous class), and she's been enjoying the game so far!

However, we suddenly came across a problem while playing together that any item she drops from her inventory would disappear immediately. Normally, when you drop an item, it shows an animation of being dropped and being left there to either despawn or be picked up by another. But not for her. The item being dropped never showed up when she dropped any item from her inventory (Equip, Use, Etc.). It didn't matter what kind of item it was. She couldn't even drop evil eye tails without it disappearing immediately. It was doing the same thing even if she was alone or in a party as well.

Turns out this was happening to her from the very beginning.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a new account debuff or if this might be an actual bug. Could anyone let me know what she can do to resolve this?
I'm a little bummed out about it because we met 2 players who did party quests with us and dropped a LOAD of useful weapons and equipment. But she picked up the ones that I needed (Hoyoung fans), and the fans ended up being lost to the nether because of this item drop problem.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2023
    New accounts are not allowed to trade, including "drop trading". So the items disappearing is not a bug.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360042632351-NX-Trade-Restrictions-for-MapleStory says
    When you create a new account, a 7-day restriction timer is placed on it, which prevents you from trading any items with other players.

Did your friend not get a warning when attempting to drop items? The lack of a warning might be a bug.
  • arisuchansenpaiarisuchansenpai
    edited March 2023
    AKradian wrote: »
    New accounts are not allowed to trade, including "drop trading". So the items disappearing is not a bug.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360042632351-NX-Trade-Restrictions-for-MapleStory says
    When you create a new account, a 7-day restriction timer is placed on it, which prevents you from trading any items with other players.

Did your friend not get a warning when attempting to drop items? The lack of a warning might be a bug.

She never once got the warning. We can play Maplestory tomorrow and test it out again. We haven't played since we discovered the issue.
    But at this point, it's way past the 7-day mark. If her items still disappear afterwards, it might be an actual bug. I will keep this thread updated.
  • arisuchansenpaiarisuchansenpai
    edited March 2023
    She never once got the warning. We can play Maplestory tomorrow and test it out again. We haven't played since we discovered the issue.
    But at this point, it's way past the 7-day mark. If her items still disappear afterwards, it might be an actual bug. I will keep this thread updated.

Update: Her items did drop this time, so it really was the 7-day restriction. That being said, she still confirms that she never once got a single warning for item drops during the restriction period.