[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We Have "Reboot" - How About a "Classic" Server

RilaeRilae
Reactions: 1,000
edited March 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Maplestory has been around a long time now - some of us still remember the way things used to be pre Big Bang. Some hated it, some loved it. One thing is for sure, I felt the world was much more immersive and there were so many more quest storylines to get involved in that you really got a feel for the different areas in the game. It was a slog, but it felt much more satisfying to me. For me, speed leveling is nice at first, but gets old fast.

Given that it's been 15 years since Big Bang, you have some players seeking that nostalgia factor, including myself. I'd love a server that harkened back to the original Maple, right before BB. The full quest lines, slow but rewarding leveling, and the community camaraderie.

You have lots of players enjoying the current iteration though, and that's great. So I think the current server setup should stay, just having a classic-style server as a choice like Reboot. Honestly, this is something I'd even be willing to pay a small monthly fee for.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2023
    https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conduct
    - Old Maple: Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous versions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this topic is not allowed due to sour grapes ruining it.
    I'm not sure if it's allowed on the discord or not but you might try there. Just check the rules.
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited March 2023
    I know it sounds like this person is speaking about a private server but I think they are asking Nexon to bring back an old version of maplestory so that we can enjoy this old content under Nexon's official launcher.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2023
    iBundance wrote: »
    I know it sounds like this person is speaking about a private server but I think they are asking Nexon to bring back an old version of maplestory so that we can enjoy this old content under Nexon's official launcher.

That is what is against the rules.
    discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2023
    iBundance wrote: »

Both are against the rules of this forum.

Nexon has given a hard no to a classic server.
This discussion has been closed.