[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Help retrieving wiped IGN whose name I forgot

DeschainDeschain
Reactions: 300
edited March 2023 in Tech Support
I'm a returning player from about 10 years ago whose characters got their name wiped, I reached out to Nexon support and they gave me some name change coupons which I'm very grateful for, but I was hoping they could also help me find out what my character's previous IGNs were so I could rename them to their old names (assuming they're still available). Their initial answer was, that it's not something they can do but they passed it on to the game team.

Something I noticed in my search is that I could look up an IGN in the classic 200 rankings for a character's IGN that I do remember and it would find my old character listing, but return the current random number IGN. So somewhere in the archived classic lvl 200 ranking database, I suspect, is a column that has my characters' IGN at the time.

Do any of the GMs, mods or players here have a contact with the Nexon API team or anyone from their dev side that could possibly look this up for me? Or an alternative way to find my old username besides searching the old lvl.200 rankings with an exact match? I've tried finding old screenshots but no dice unfortunately. Not sure if there's any in game content that would have preserved it from then.

Thanks in advance for any help!