[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reboot] Unable to complete a Home quest

laradelbrownlaradelbrown
Reactions: 200
edited April 2023 in Bug Reporting
Brief bug summary: I am unable to complete the quest [Home] A Gift from Mom and Dad, given by NPC Maestra Flametta in Commerci. It is one of the quests in Ep 2 of the Home questline.

More details: Upon accepting the quest, I am able to click next for the first few cutscenes, but when it enters the black screen cutscene of 'drop down' dialogues, it is stuck on the first line saying "Dear Alvin and Amy". I am unable to click anywhere on the game and would have to restart.

Character name: laradelbrown

Character level: 209

Character job: Lara

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 24/3/2023, 10:00am PDT

https://imgur.com/M77pYwa

Update (14 Apr 2023): The quest has been patched in the recent maintenance! Hope it now works for everyone :) Screenshot of the patch fix: https://imgur.com/uASmnzX

Comments

• AngelMelodyAngelMelody
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited March 2023
    I got the same issue, I hope the problem will be solved soon.
  • laradelbrownlaradelbrown
    edited March 2023
    I've managed to get through the quest!

You will have to restart the questline. Head to your home, select the lightbulb icon 'Settings', and choose the option to restart the episode 2 questline.
    I managed to get through the cutscene this time!
  • AngelMelodyAngelMelody
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited March 2023
    I've restarted the quest and still got the problem :(
  • juicybjuicyb
    Reactions: 100
    OMG THAT WORKED FOR ME TOO!!!!1

Thank you!!

R u a Lara main? I have a Lara called MagicLarry
  • WackyjoebobWackyjoebob
    I've managed to get through the quest!

You will have to restart the questline. Head to your home, select the lightbulb icon 'Settings', and choose the option to restart the episode 2 questline.
    I managed to get through the cutscene this time!

I tried restarting the episode as well, but I am still unable to get through the cutscene. Is there anything else you did differently?

• WackyjoebobWackyjoebob
    I have this issue as well
  • MoistMoist
    Same issue here.

Character name: Moistly

Character level: 229

Character job: Wind Archer

Date and time of the incident: 27/3/2023, 11:09 am EST
    edited March 2023
    So sorry to hear that it's still not working for you after restarting the episode! I can't think of anything i did differently, other than just restarting and going through the quest normally...man!
  • AnnelishaAnnelisha
    Reactions: 800
    edited April 2023
    I just encountered this problem as well! I tried restarting it but no dice.

Character name: Athenmilk

Character level: 205

Character job: Pathfinder

Date and time of the incident: 03/04/2023, 4:17 pm PST
  • CharrinCharrin
    I was trying to complete the quest just now as well but I'm having the same issues..

Character name: NyaRinn

Character level: 244

Character job: Bishop

World: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 5th April 2023 at 6pm GMT+8
  • pingupingu
    I am also encountering this issue. As soon as the cutscene comes up and it says "Dear Alvin and Amy" it just does nothing after that and I cannot get out of it. I even gave it some time for several days and went back to it and froze again. I also tried resetting the questline and it froze on me 3 different times. Please fix this issue!
    edited April 2023
    Hello all! A friend of mine has managed to get through it after several retries. And we suspect that it might have something to do with other windows/tabs that might be open in your UI.

I suggest closing everything up. Close away your minimap, mileage tab if its open, quest window. Close away the event icons on the left as well. Also try not to be in a party.

Hope to hear back if doing this has worked for any of you.

Edit: Also display your chat window outside your game window (look for the right most icon next to the speech bar where you type), and when talking to Maestra Flametta, click next slowly.
  • AndacanaverAndacanaver
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2023
    just tried the quest still bugged after restarting/closing all windows
  • AndacanaverAndacanaver
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2023
    just passed the quest, when i started the quest i just mashed the npc interact/harvest button nonstop, might have helped to progress the text before it froze