[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why do YOU think Nexon doesn't care about GMS?

ChimichurroChimichurro
Reactions: 1,420
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2023 in General Chat
It's a fact at this point, but let's discuss! After the recent Jett removal everything is up in the air. How can you just blatantly remove an entire class without replacing it? Horrid behavior and I'm shocked people are just rolling over and taking it. CMS and TMS received an entire replacement! Where's the love for GMS and MSEA? Are we nothing to you, Nexon? I imagine it may be a cultural difference between Korean video game developers and foreign audiences. Our money is just a vehicle to them and not a sign of respect and good wishes. We love Maplestory and wish for it to succeed, but do you really love us? Removing Jett and leaving the game in a state of limbo with the lack of communication doesn't really show it.

So with that, why do YOU think Nexon KR doesn't care about us? Let's discuss! Personally, I think it's arrogance. But who knows! They never tell us anything anyways!
YamajacNimosquirtle

Comments

• YamajacYamajac
    Reactions: 350
    edited May 2023
    I think they believe we're just some faceless cash cow honestly. They see we make them some degree of profit and say aight whatever cool that's good enough stop spending money on it. Just let it coast by and bring in whatever it brings.
    Nimo
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited May 2023
    I just assume big companies wouldnt listen to the opinions of random people .
  • OlandeseOlandese
    Reactions: 1,180
    edited May 2023
    GMS is gonna shut down soon.
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited May 2023
    Probably because the status quo is good enough for Nexon. [Maintain a presence in the "west" with GMS and use the money GMS makes to fund future projects]. I imagine they don't want to concern themselves with hiring more devs and support for GMS / Overseas in order to save money.

If current content proves to be problematic and requires too much troubleshooting, it will probably get axed [See: Monad and Jett]. I also don't expect much in terms of "GMS-Exclusive" content in the future. Sure, they might give us a coin shop here or there [Clover guild] but i just don't see them making any sort of meaningful investment into actual new exclusive-content.

tldr: nexon saves money by leaving GMS on cruise control
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited June 2023
    I do not think Nexon doesnt care about Gms but I do think that Nexon doesnt care about all of it's players. I started playing this game when I was in elementary or middle school and struggled to level up . When I finally got past the 1-30 struggle , It was a breeze getting from 30-50 with the release of monster carnival. After monster carnival I was stuck not knowing what to do and when i finally found ludi pq I didnt enjoy it much and ended up quitting the game. When the big bang update was released I came back to the game to see what new changes had been made and after a while of playing the classes I enjoyed I left again because it felt like the game had changed too much and I did not understand the changes. I have been back playing after the RED update and I enjoy it but I still feel like the game could use some revisions . I would really enjoy PQ's again I really enjoyed Pyramid PQ , the original Monster Carnival , I have not enjoyed monster parks since they just feel like the same grinding I normally do on maps but with more portals. I do not really enjoy Ursus and waiting for people to join. I almost want to go play an older version of maplestory but even then there would be so much things that werent right. It would be nice to bring together the best aspects of all versions of maplestory.
  • SilvenSilven
    Reactions: 360
    Just my 2 cents on the matter, if the removal of exclusive regional content such as Jett allows for concentration on better/more quality mainstream content due to more efficient allocation of development resources then I am all for it. To me quality standard content is wholeheartedly preferred to exclusive region based content.

Between Reboots F2P model and several scandals that have gutted the amount of paying players, myself included (back from a 2 or 3 year hiatus after inner ability rigged coding fiasco), GMS isn't exactly a huge cash bank for maple.

I can't pretend to predict the future of GMS maple, but I can say if the result of Jetts removal truly leads to less buggy programming and better quality content then they have a begrudging and doubtful nod of approval for now, from my direction.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    Silven wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents on the matter, if the removal of exclusive regional content such as Jett allows for concentration on better/more quality mainstream content due to more efficient allocation of development resources then I am all for it. To me quality standard content is wholeheartedly preferred to exclusive region based content.

Between Reboots F2P model and several scandals that have gutted the amount of paying players, myself included (back from a 2 or 3 year hiatus after inner ability rigged coding fiasco), GMS isn't exactly a huge cash bank for maple.

I can't pretend to predict the future of GMS maple, but I can say if the result of Jetts removal truly leads to less buggy programming and better quality content then they have a begrudging and doubtful nod of approval for now, from my direction.

Nexon could easily afford to put some more resources into GMS without it bleeding money like it used to. Removing Jett is unacceptable. Period.
    Sherri