[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

All non-skill related buffs should persist

FamousTruthFamousTruth
Reactions: 740
edited May 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think we can all agree that in its current state, MapleStory is significantly less stable than your average game with basic actions such as entering the Cash Shop disconnecting you on a coin flip or even while simply training on a map. It was a great improvement when the common exp buffs such as MVPs or gold pots remain after a disconnect, but that doesn't apply to all buffs, including one I'd specifically like to point out - the house buff (which includes an exp option). At this point all consumable buffs (including the house buff!) such as red/green/blue Monster Park pots, guild/ursus buff, etc. should across the board be changed to remain active if you disconnect and log back in. (Please for the love of all that's good make the house buff persist through disconnects since you literally can only use it once a day...)
ABCZZTAchnolognia

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    I would go one step further, Ragnarok Online has buffs persist and it freezes the timer on them.
    Haven't logged into the game in over a month? You'll still have blessing waiting for you the moment you do log back in.
    We shouldn't be punished and forced to wait an hour for GSkills to come back up simply because Nexon's game isn't stable.
    If outdated games that are heavily stuck in the past like RO can do it, so can you, Nexon.

Another thing I would like to see is timers (such as crafting) and skill cooldowns actually tick down while offline.
    Mihile legitimately has a skill that requires 24 hours of LOGGED IN time to recharge.
    It takes me over a week to get that skill back.
    FamousTruth
  • AchnologniaAchnolognia
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2023
    Agreed. The amount of time I crash when buying buff freezers in Crash Shop or doing Pollo/Fritto/Especia events is mind boggling. Put consumable buffs on pause at the very least such as Wealth, WAP, Green/Red pots.