[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot or Bera

BeamDance123BeamDance123
Reactions: 500
edited May 2023 in General Chat
I've been playing on Reboot mostly, but thought maybe to try a non reboot world to see what its like. I noticed there are alot less players in non reboot worlds.

A few questions please:

1. Is bera the most popular non reboot server, or which one?
2. How big is the difference in amount of players for reboot and non reboot?
3. I understand auction house doesnt exist in reboot world, but in non reboot it does. How much of an advantage or disadvantage is it, can you get anything you want easily in non reboot?

thank you

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    1. Is bera the most popular non reboot server, or which one?
    2. How big is the difference in amount of players for reboot and non reboot?
    3. I understand auction house doesnt exist in reboot world, but in non reboot it does. How much of an advantage or disadvantage is it, can you get anything you want easily in non reboot?

thank you

1. Bera is the most populated non-reboot server, yes.

2. I'm not sure since I don't play Bera, but during events Reboot will pretty much always show "full" channels where as Bera does not.
    Here's an image showing the populations of both servers at the time of this message.
    uRovaCI.png

j1yh47O.png

3. Non-Reboot has the advantage of being able to buy pitched items. (And lots of other items too)
    You can't obtain these in reboot unless you are able to clear hard bosses weekly.
    If you're with a party then you'll most likely be rotating the pitched items or have a declared person that you'll be giving the item to. (Usually someone carrying you or pushing for higher bosses)

The main difference between the two servers is that in Bera you can take shortcuts by buying items, trading with players and using pay to win elements.
    In Reboot you can't use pay to win, (soon you can't trade bosses, either) but everything is time based so if you have enough time you'll be just as strong as anyone else no matter your wallet size.
    Do not look into that dark corner full of legacy items...
    If you want to earn things for/by yourself and you have the time for it, Reboot. If you want to be able to trade with players and/or are willing to pay for CS items, Bera.

Please note: This is from the perspective of a Reboot player, so I might be wrong on some regular server details.