[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Magic Wardrobe unable to connect to server

cellimen45cellimen45
Reactions: 700
edited May 2023 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Functionality

Description: Upon playing the momentree magic wardrobe event, the one where you collect points by slaying ghosts. Occasionally the game will just disconnect sending you back to the world select screen with the error "Unable to connect to the game server, please try again later"

Steps to reproduce: Play the magic wardrobe event, and in my experience on average it will happen at least once an attempt starting when it requires 200,000 points, though it has happened to me when it required 100,000 as well just far less frequently. As far as I can tell it seems to happen more often the longer you spend in the event. It has happened no other time than when I am doing the magic wardrobe event. At current I have yet to manage to complete the third version requiring 300,000 points as it will always crash before I can finish presumably to it taking longer to finish. Though it has crashed as early as 60,000 points and the furthest I've made it is 256,000 before it crashes.

Character name: cellimen59
Character level: 213
Character Job: Kain (I only have Kain at 200+ so I cannot check if it is only Kain that is experiencing this issue for whatever reason as the event requires a level 200+ character)
World Name: Reboot

Date of the incidents EST time:

I'm taking a break for now, and with how often it is happening I feel this will just become a massive list. On the list there is 8 incidents reported for today, it has happened 6 more times.
5/27/23 at 4:40 pm
5/27/23 at 4:27 pm
5/27/23 at 4:24 pm
5/27/23 at 4:18 pm
5/27/23 at 4:15 pm
5/27/23 at 4:10 pm
5/27/23 at 4:02 pm
5/27/23 at 3:58 pm
5/25/23 at 6:35 pm
5/25/23 at 6:30 pm

Many more times nearly every day since the start of the event that I do not have documented down.

Comments

• cellimen45cellimen45
    Reactions: 700
    edited May 2023
    Okay so I have an update. I leveled my mercedes up to 200 and did the event with her, and she managed to finish it without a single crash. Contrastingly before I tried it with mercedes I crashed 6 times in a row with kain. So my current theory is that it is something to do with the character I have had this experience with (Kain - cellimen59) rather than for everyone. I do not know if it is something with the class Kain or something with my gear, something I am doing differently between the two characters or however else.
  • CoachBobCoachBob
    Reactions: 100
    Just finished leveling my Kain to 200 only to also experience this issue. No issues on previous days using Kanna, Dawn Warrior, Lara, Xenon or Angelic Buster. Does seem to be Kain specific. Doesn't seem to be tied to a specific ability, i.e. no crash after using every ability within the first few seconds. Only crashes later on in the encounter.

Issue - "Unable to connect to server" ~50,000 points into Magic Wardrobe.
    Character with issue - Reboot - Kain - KaneuReeves - lv.200