[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mobs Phasing question

RedRavenRedRaven
Reactions: 925
edited June 2023 in General Chat
when did they add mobs phasing ? someone in the same map as me were killing invisible enemies to me...first time i see that....this occured in ellinel fairy academy area......i haven't seen this effect in highter lvl maps so wondering whats up with it(if anyone could share info about it)

seemed like an anti-kill steal system for low lvl areas

Comments

• BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited June 2023
    Raven, "phased encounters" are nothing new, not to this game nor any other online game.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited June 2023
    that wasn't a thing 12 years ago on maple...thats why i'am asking about it
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2023
    The earliest implementation I can remember.
    Monsters that only your party can attack but other can see: Monster Carnival
    Monsters that only you can see and attack: Black Mage event (later added to low level theme dungeon many patches later)
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited June 2023
    ah okay thx for the info..so thats indeed something new and not some cheating tool
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    The 30-59 theme dungeons are instanced, only you can see your own mobs within these maps, you can't party up, nobody can KS you and the mobs auto-adjust to your level (up to 59).