[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Follow up to Philosopher Books suggestions

happycowshappycows
Reactions: 1,120
edited June 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I noticed some positive changes implemented in the recent Philosopher Books since the last time I've posted about them:

-Empress equips were removed from List 1, which brought the % of "worthless gear" in List 1 from 58% to about 35% [CRA gear].
-2 mounts were available as permanent mounts [unless its just a typo on the website] which brought us from 15% temporary 90-day mounts to 13% temporary mounts in List 2

I'm not sure if my suggestions have had anything to do with these changes, but thank you anyways.

That said, i still would like to express some new suggestion and re-emphasize older suggestions:

- Please consider removing 90-Day mounts entirely, and replace all of the mounts with permanent versions for the next Philosopher Book sale. This is a reasonable request in my opinion.
- Tower of Oz rings should have a chance at Level 2-3, and maybe Level 4 at jackpot rates. Also, while I don't know the exact technical legality of how the Tower of Oz rings are currently displayed on the official Philosopher's Book Rates page, it is highly questionable that there is no indication that the current offerings are only Level 1 oz rings. This needs to be made more clear to consumers.
- Convert some of the weaker storage bags to their maximum values. For example, instead of offering "12 Slot Chair Bag," change these to "40 Slot Chair Bag" and replace "20 Slot Recipe Bag with "40 Slot Recipe Bag", etc. [i think the herb and mineral bags were improved in this recent iteration of Philosopher Books, but i can't confirm.]
- Consider cleaning up some of the enhancement related items in List 2 - For example "Gold Potential Stamp" at 5%. These are not useless items but they are also not very difficult to obtain anymore and i would rather these be removed in favor of better items. Another example is the "soul extractor" item. Who actually uses these? I don't know, but i think there is room for improvement on List 2 to make it a bit more enticing for modern maplestory.
- Add more creative items in general to the list, while cleaning up outdated or bland items. More cosmetics, more familiars, red cards, cube packs, monsterblooms even? Make Philosopher Books more fun and interesting. When the average Philosopher Book in 2023 yields a CRA item and a potential stamp, one is left with a rather stale feeling. I hope the team behind these can attempt to clean up some of the items and add some refreshing non-jackpot items.