[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give Heroes a "Rage" mechanic

FalchFalch
Reactions: 1,020
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I understand that the Explorer class Hero is supposed to be an unstoppable berserker, but their "Rage" skill doesn't really reflect that. I propose that instead of getting the +30 attack boost (but the party would receive the +30 attack), the skill Rage would increase the Hero's damage proportional to the percentage of health lost. So, they'd get stronger the lower their health is. Generally, the reverse of "Cross Surge"
This would add more of a high risk, high reward style of gameplay that Heroes are more than capable of doing considering their simple attack pattern and general durability. This would also make the class more interesting considering that I nearly fall asleep when I try to train Hero because of their simple attack pattern.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    What you're suggesting is the way the original Dragon Knights were.
    Oddly enough, now that they're called "Berserkers", they don't actually have that mechanism anymore.

In today's game, where bosses do %HP attacks, the idea of having to keep your HP low for your damage to be high, simply can't work. All classes need to keep their HP topped-up or they get 1-hit.
    Lilyflower