[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Supports

TheTabKeyTheTabKey
Reactions: 500
edited September 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know there are a million people saying this, but the 5% damage requirement should not apply to supports. It's too difficult for new supports to be created, and if existing supports aren't already slightly overfunded for the content they want to do, they have to bump back to lower level content.

To hit the 5% damage requirement in Normal Lucid + Will, I would need to fund my Bishop to a stronger level than my Demon Slayer is currently, which is unfair to supports.

This update strictly hurts the game and provides no benefits, especially for party play and support. I understand that carries are not in the spirit of Reboot that Nexon wants to cultivate, but this solution isn't just not good enough, it's actively bad.
  1. Should the 5% damage minimum apply to Support classes?5 votes
    1. No, supports should have no requirement or a lower requirement
       40% (2 votes)
    2. Yes, it should apply to every class regardless of their role in parties
       20% (1 vote)
    3. The 5% damage requirement shouldn't exist at all
       40% (2 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    I think lowering the percentage to 2.5% for "Support" classes is fine, but it's up to Nexon to decide what it wants to classify as support so the better option is probably just to buff classes that end up struggling.
  • Fabio_MFabio_M
    Reactions: 940
    edited September 2023
    all they need to do is make 50% of the damage the supports are giving to other team members with their buffs also count as their own contribution, even 25% would be ok lol
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,635
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    I don't really care much for the idea of giving supports access to drops just for existing. I think all players should have to upgrade their gear to progress in the game, and the supports shouldn't just get to bypass this solely based on their choice of class.

With the current system, if you're a support in a party with 5 other people, they can do 19% damage each and you can do 5% and still get contribution. That means the current system allows you to be around 1/4th as strong as your fellow party members and still get contribution.

However I can understand the argument that you being a weaker class coupled with buffing up your party members makes the damage gap between you higher, and for that I'd suggest changing the system to completely ignore bonus damage dealt due to party buffs INSTEAD OF what other people are suggesting, aka make some/all of that damage count towards the support's damage contribution.

This I think would much more fairly level the playing field, allowing supports to more easily compete in damage contribution with other classes, without giving them a completely free pass for just existing in the same party as some other strong damage dealers.

As I personally don't like the idea of people being able to skip content on their mains, I think the only other major flaw in the current contribution system is it makes gearing up side characters more tedious. For this I'd say it'd be nice to be able to transfer Absolab/Arcane Boxes/Boss droplets within account through storage so if you can clear a boss on one character you can get some fresh gear on other characters.