[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Badges with potential

Coolkid1288Coolkid1288
Reactions: 910
edited September 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Considering that the Monster Park shop now contains legacy equips from removed content (i.e silent crusade) it gave me the idea that Nexon should do the same for all the worthwhile legacy equips exclusive to the GMS region (i.e Dark Totems, Sengoku badge, Lab Blocks, etc).

It is not fair that long time players have an item advantage that is unattainable to new players. This is something that other games I've played have implemented to avoid toxicity among players.

You add a temporary event into your game that temporarily rewards a BiS item that requires you to put time and effort to get (racking up event currency or participating in a unique minigame). The event eventually ends which makes the gear unobtainable for future players.
Now you make the gear permanently obtainable but with generic currency (5-15 bil per legacy piece) that is purposefully set very high to punish those that missed the event and reward those that didn't while ensuring that every player has the means to get these BiS equips without them being handed out for free.

And don't write that "KmS doeSn't HAve THEM AnD caN StiLl ClEAr bOSSES" because I don't care. It's a different game, different region. This is a suggestion/feedback/request section. We all know nexon doesn't listen to reddit, so stuff has to be posted here.

I AM SHOWING INTEREST IN THESE ITEMS
ThePermaTurtlesRock

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    If Nexon doesn't intended to return the actual events these items come from they could easily add them in as generic event rewards (Like Fairy Heart) or as permanent additions to other currency shops. I do like the idea of adding them to Monster Park as eventually those coins become extremely worthless and just start overflowing in your inventory.
    Coolkid1288
  • chirchir
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2023
    I TOO AM SHOWING INTEREST IN THESE ITEMS
    Coolkid1288
  • Coolkid1288Coolkid1288
    edited October 2023
    I continue to show interest in these items.
  • Coolkid1288Coolkid1288
    edited October 2023
    I continue to show interest in these items.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2023
    Even TMS has pottable badges, but they are low leveled.
  • BobertBobert
    Reactions: 780
    edited October 2023
    I think it would be cool if they made potable badges available again, because like myself and many others never had the chance to even get them. I started playing just over 2 years ago.
    That being said, I don't think it is a good thing because potable badges make the Genesis Badge irrelevant.
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited October 2023
    We all know nexon doesn't listen to reddit, so stuff has to be posted here

They don't really listen to the forums either. I've never seen Nexon comment on forum topics. They do not hear us.
    And don't write that "KmS doeSn't HAve THEM AnD caN StiLl ClEAr bOSSES" because I don't care
    That quote can't be more wrong! In maplestory we compete to get into a boss party, and if someone has badges with potential or other legacy items, they have the upper leg and will take your spot from you. That is why it does not matter if "we can still clear bosses." No one wants us in their party if other people are stronger.
  • Coolkid1288Coolkid1288
    edited October 2023
    My interest in these items endures, and I continue to exhibit a keen fascination and curiosity towards them.
  • chirchir
    Reactions: 560
    edited November 2023
    I maintain a lasting enthusiasm for these items, consistently displaying a strong intrigue and interest in them.
  • Coolkid1288Coolkid1288
    edited November 2023
    I consistently exhibit a strong fascination and interest in these items, maintaining a lasting enthusiasm for them.
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Hot take, I actually like how Legacy Items exist in Maplestory

The game gets easier with every major patch, including Level Curve drops, Burning events giving a free pass to higher and higher levels that used to take ages to get to, various items getting easier to get, upgrade systems getting improved so upgrading items is easier, etc etc etc.

While these are all great changes that totally make sense in moving the bar forward for the progression system of the game and making new high level content that's the main focus of development more accessible to the average player, it also introduces the issue of players that leave the game for any amount of time will feel like their progression has been totally invalidated.

A player from even 2020 that returns to now would be shocked to see that their level of 250, a level that used to take a long time to grind up to, is now completely free to get to in a few weeks of extremely light play (15mins of dailies each day), their high SF Absolab gear is junk as Arcanes have become much more accessible due to Arcane Armor/Weapon Selector Boxes, their 5th job progression they grinded a ton for to get nodestones is now super easy with all the nodes they give in events these days, etc.

They'd be right in feeling like all the work they put in to get their character where they were has been just tossed right in the garbage can as it's now incredibly easy to do things that used to take hundreds of hours of grind.

However, with the existence of Legacy Content, it at least softens the blow a bit, with Longtime players having something to show for their tenure. They did a lot of their progression back in the old days when things were way harder than now, and they deserve something to show for it.

Instead of newer players looking players with legacy items thinking "Man I'm the same level as them, but they're only beating me by having some old item you can't get anymore!" you should think "Man, if I'm the same level as them, yet they were playing back when THAT came out, they'd be a solid 10 levels above me if all the time they put into their character was done this year instead of back before all these level curve changes. They'd probably have better gear too since I bet they put the work into upgrading Abso and then had to scrap those when Arcanes became accessible. You know what, they deserve to be 2% stronger than me"
  • TarantulaManZanTarantulaManZan
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2023
    I don't think they should put the sengoku badge in a shop like that, it doesn't really make much sense.
    But they could add the Ghost Ship Exorcist badge as a reward for some PQ or in some shop... That would make sense and calm most players.
    Fuhreak