[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Banning Legal Accounts.

AgainToKsAgainToKs
Reactions: 800
edited September 2023 in General Chat
Why did Nexon ban my legal account assuming I used some program or did something illegal? I ask the GM to review my account and all his activities he doesn't want to do it.

Comments

• monokomonoko
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2023
    Nexon's recent banning actions have left me puzzled. Have you found your character name in the ban list? I haven't found mine. I was banned on September 8th but my recent actions were only AFK in town.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited October 2023
    Mashing a button for too long will result in a Ban(happent to me 13-14 years ago for putting weight on an emotion key then going sleep)(although not a perm ban for that as it was harmless//not game affecting)

innapropriate talk or inciting ppl to do innappropriate talk will result in a ban(especially with megas)
    such as thrash talk or dirty talk

if something trigger a false flag once...you dont continue doing that content for 2-3 months or untill they announce its been fix(not worth risking strikes until ban)
    and you should report those right away and provide DxDiag in a ticket

if none of the above either you were truly doing illegal activities, or you possibly pissed off a GM by KSing them when they were playing as a normal player(off job)
    dont engage in jerk behavior unless you want karma back at ya

but bans generally dont happen for no reason...try to think as to what you may have done
  • AgainToKsAgainToKs
    edited October 2023
    monoko wrote: »
    Nexon's recent banning actions have left me puzzled. Have you found your character name in the ban list? I haven't found mine. I was banned on September 8th but my recent actions were only AFK in town.

I have been using my maplestory account for more than eight years, I have never used illegal programs, nor have I bothered anyone in the game. My account is not on the ban list and that surprises me, I have asked him to review all the activities on my account but he does not do so. That makes me think that the GM's are incompetent, they just ban and that's it. This is unfair.
  • AgainToKsAgainToKs
    edited October 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    Mashing a button for too long will result in a Ban(happent to me 13-14 years ago for putting weight on an emotion key then going sleep)(although not a perm ban for that as it was harmless//not game affecting)

innapropriate talk or inciting ppl to do innappropriate talk will result in a ban(especially with megas)
    such as thrash talk or dirty talk

if something trigger a false flag once...you dont continue doing that content for 2-3 months or untill they announce its been fix(not worth risking strikes until ban)
    and you should report those right away and provide DxDiag in a ticket

if none of the above either you were truly doing illegal activities, or you possibly pissed off a GM by KSing them when they were playing as a normal player(off job)
    dont engage in jerk behavior unless you want karma back at ya

but bans generally dont happen for no reason...try to think as to what you may have done

You comment without knowing anything, I have been using my maplestory account for more than eight years, I have never used illegal programs, nor have I bothered anyone in the game. My account is not on the ban list and that surprises me, I have asked him to review all the activities on my account but he does not do so. That makes me think that the GM's are incompetent, they just ban and that's it. This is unfair.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited October 2023
    well then...forum isn't a place to discuss this if your seeking to be unban

none of us saw what you did nor do we have detectors for what you do.....its not possible for forumers to actually know weither your guilty or not

so i simply went with possibilities of what might have cause your ban....if its truly none of the above....then your best bet are submiting tickets untill you get a review

maybe your in the same boat as Fuhreak friend who got ban for having a certain keyboard setting(forgot what he call it(not sticky keys but something that affect keyboard interactions)).....otherwise i rly have no idea as to why you would be ban....especially after claiming playing for 8 years without issue
  • AgainToKsAgainToKs
    edited October 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    well then...forum isn't a place to discuss this if your seeking to be unban

none of us saw what you did nor do we have detectors for what you do.....its not possible for forumers to actually know weither your guilty or not

so i simply went with possibilities of what might have cause your ban....if its truly none of the above....then your best bet are submiting tickets untill you get a review

maybe your in the same boat as Fuhreak friend who got ban for having a certain keyboard setting(forgot what he call it(not sticky keys but something that affect keyboard interactions)).....otherwise i rly have no idea as to why you would be ban....especially after claiming playing for 8 years without issue

The GMs simply ban without reviewing anything, I have already sent tickets to ask them to please review my account and all its activities, but they do not want to do it, the worst thing is that they do not respond to me and ignore me. They have no criteria for solving problems, I feel cheated. The worst thing is, my account is not on the ban list, this seems like a bad joke.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2023
    https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/32348/nexon-transparency-auditing-of-false-bans/

Nexon can, has and will continue to get it wrong because yes, they are (sometimes) incompetent.
    The problem is that people wrongly banned will be joined in by plenty of players who were correctly banned.
    Until a better system is developed and Nexon actually takes steps to prevent this repeat issue, it will continue to affect a small minority of players who will simply have to let Nexon have the final say.
  • AgainToKsAgainToKs
    edited November 2023
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/32348/nexon-transparency-auditing-of-false-bans/

Nexon can, has and will continue to get it wrong because yes, they are (sometimes) incompetent.
    The problem is that people wrongly banned will be joined in by plenty of players who were correctly banned.
    Until a better system is developed and Nexon actually takes steps to prevent this repeat issue, it will continue to affect a small minority of players who will simply have to let Nexon have the final say.

And now? My account is already lost? The GMs don't want to review my account and its activities. I have dedicated many years to this game because I like it and it is entertaining, and the GMs ban you without doing a good investigation, this is unfair, I feel like I have been robbed and deceived.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Give it some time, a few months if you can wait and send in another ticket. You're unfortunately at the mercy of Nexon if you were false banned.
    Sometimes people who wait can get Nexon to look into the details of their ban again and get unbanned as a result, but ultimately you're just going to have to hope you don't get a mindless drone on your case.
  • AgainToKsAgainToKs
    edited January 15
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Give it some time, a few months if you can wait and send in another ticket. You're unfortunately at the mercy of Nexon if you were false banned.
    Sometimes people who wait can get Nexon to look into the details of their ban again and get unbanned as a result, but ultimately you're just going to have to hope you don't get a mindless drone on your case.

I already gave them a few months to respond to me and nothing, they don't care to review my request or my account they just ignore me, this is unfair.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 23
    AgainToKs wrote: »
    Why did Nexon ban my legal account assuming I used some program or did something illegal? I ask the GM to review my account and all his activities he doesn't want to do it.

I say contact a community manager if your are in their discord or on the forums. They ignore some people but I'm sure if it is something like that they probably won't ignore you or at least give you a response. You can also call or contact their support, they do review accounts but there is some lazy workers so the best thing to do is keep contacting until you find one who actually works.
    Fuhreak
  • AgainToKsAgainToKs
    edited March 13
    riza wrote: »
    AgainToKs wrote: »

I say contact a community manager if your are in their discord or on the forums. They ignore some people but I'm sure if it is something like that they probably won't ignore you or at least give you a response. You can also call or contact their support, they do review accounts but there is some lazy workers so the best thing to do is keep contacting until you find one who actually works.

Friend, do you know the support contact number? or how to communicate so that they pay attention to me and can review my account?
  • jenkyjenky
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited April 4
    I been playing ms since 2005 and 2 month ago my account got banned saying that i was using illegal program too i even appeal a case and they keep saying i was hacking, is true i use macro for my buff but that's all i never use hack or anything.