[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The absurdity of Dyle's game in 5th chp / 6th star

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited October 2023 in Rants and Raves
So far, our sixth star challenges are the same as KMS and MSEA so there is a chance when the 5th chapter is released, we will get one of the challenge objectives to 'get bitten by Dyle's game three times'... .... ... are we kidding here?!

Since boss furniture was first dropped in game, at first, I was killing Dyle 500 times a month, several times I killed him 1,000 times in a month, now I make sure I try at least 200 times a month and it's been a year, 200%+ drop via gear/fams/inner ability and no Dyle's furniture piece. I have yet read or met anyone in my world that has obtained this piece of furniture let alone enough people for an entire world to complete this objective when it comes out, I don't even think it has dropped in my world.

Yes, I'm frustrated at the low drop rate but what has left my dumbstruck is the addition of this objective as a challenge. Is the drop rate different in KMS & MSEA to our drop rate for this piece of furniture??

How is it fair to any player to list this in the 5th chapter? it reduces the available challenges on offer. At least with all the other challenge objectives they were all reachable if you did the work. With this one it's impossible to even try because no one has access to it.

In all seriousness here, having a challenge objective 'to liberate the black mage weapon' is less insane and restrictive then having to play with a near nonexistent piece of furniture and that's saying something! Still the black mage liberation weapon is an impossible challenge for me personally but at least more people will be able to complete that than asking them to play Dyle's game. Either fix the drop rate of the furniture piece or change the objective prior to releasing chapter 5 in GMS.

(╯° °)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited October 2023
    *slow clap* thanks nexon, thankssssssssssssss Chp5 just came out today and guess what, playing with Dyle's game is an objective.

(╯° °)╯︵ ┻━┻

... .... just thanks for limiting us. I also hear the photo one is bugged so that's two objectives that we don't have access to.

If you're a player who has Dyle's game, and don't mind a bunch of randos showing up to your home, could you please post your name + world so we have a chance to complete this one.

• LipFlareLipFlare
    Reactions: 430
    edited October 2023
    Joining the rant... the 5th chapter shots the bird down, for reals.

Dyleboardgame droprate is some vanilla [...] thing.
    Forget grinding in arcane river to 260! Dyle is the new grind...
    Getting DCed by muscle memory movement? "Must be a bot for sure!" Meanwhile me: More joys... is the last thing I would say!

Would recommend this to friends? Naahhhhh better not to... don't need more enemys, for life.
    Best (salty) regards

LipFlare