[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Night Troupe Hidden Missions

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited October 2023 in General Chat
Disclaimer: this is info I've read from MapleSEA players so it may vary for us, but just in case here are the steps to all hidden missions.

First and foremost, you will not be able to do any hidden mission until you hit Master Designer Rank. So start accumulating those points to rank up to the top designer tier otherwise you will not be able to do any hidden missions.

Permanent Pirate Costume Hidden Mission
https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/86272/updated-10-4-v-245-midnight-carnival-nautilus-patch-notes#6

Speak to either Kyrin or Spiegelmann in the event map, whom ever you have picked. Just click 'misc' and start talking to start the hidden mission quest chain. You will need to hunt down certain NPCs to communicate with in Nautilus first (not event map) and those NPCs may then send you on mini quests themselves before you move onto the next NPC you need to find. The directions are clear enough. Finish helping/talking to those NPCs then head back to the event map and talk to your main person again (Kyrin or Spiegelmann) and you will get the coupon for permanent outfit. The coupon allows you to choose either black or red, doesn't matter who you picked for the treasure hunt or what temporary outfit you were given. So if you picked Kyrin but like the black costume that's ok because the coupon allows you to pick either color.

Potion Chairs Hidden Mission
https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/86272/updated-10-4-v-245-midnight-carnival-nautilus-patch-notes#8

Step 1: Simply talk to Spiegella in the event map to get a chair.
Step 2: (can not be done without step 1 completed) In event map talk to Abel then talk to Bart then go into the potion bar and stay there, uninterrupted, for 8hrs. After 8hrs talk to Bart then talk to Abel.

Cooking Chairs Hidden Mission
https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/86272/updated-10-4-v-245-midnight-carnival-nautilus-patch-notes#9

Step 1: In event map talk to Tangyoon to get chair. This chair, when sat on, gives you a random expression. Keep sitting and standing until you get the drool face expression (I have read others say get the 'overloaded stomach expression' and the 'fully belly expression' and 'drooling big belly expression' which makes me think it's the same thing we're looking full - drool face + swollen belly***) then stay sitting that chair, uninterrupted for 1hr.
Step 2: (can not be done without step 1 completed) Sit in a map on event chair for 8hrs.
***I think this is the expression we're aiming for, descriptions seem to check out:
image-7.png

Again this may be slightly different for us or it can be the same as MapleSEA, only time will tell. The only thing to work towards is reaching the Master Designer Rank for now. I'll keep looking for more information, see if anything changes when I attempt it myself. I'll also be trying to unlock the hidden missions earlier just in case the cap for us isn't Master rank but so far Spiegelmann hasn't started me on a mission (he was the one I picked) and Tangyoon's portal isn't even open yet so I think the top tier rank makes sense. Again will post here if it's different to MapleSEA.

credit: redditors acuppamocha, SerenadeShady and snoopythepotato for posting what they know over on the MapleSEA sub.
Fuhreak

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    edited October 2023
    I sat in both chairs for over an hour today and nothing happened and I'm on senior rank now so I think the chairs won't unlock until Master rank. Correct me if I'm wrong please otherwise I'm wasting time "just checking" lol and will be grateful.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited October 2023
    Khongi wrote: »
    I sat in both chairs for over an hour today and nothing happened and I'm on senior rank now so I think the chairs won't unlock until Master rank. Correct me if I'm wrong please otherwise I'm wasting time "just checking" lol and will be grateful.

You can get the chairs, but the Hidden Missions can not be completed unless you use them when you are Master Rank.

I think.
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited October 2023
    ok so for the pirate costume.

I was team Spiegelmann so I was sent to find/talk to the research resident and the lonely resident.

Research resident:
    Go to Nautilus, jump down to the lowest floor, the door with sharyl (far left) go into that portal and you will find NPC 'Rolonay' AKA the research resident. Talk to them and they want food for the dolphin. Then go to Gold beach and head to shallow sea 3 and kill the shrimp slime to get 1 shrimp chunk then go back to Rolonay.

Lonely Resident:
    Same deal as the first, bottom floor Nautilus and head to the middle portal door, it's a bedroom with bunk beds and talk to the water cooler, aka the lonely resident and they want a toy. Head to ludi and you want a toy duckling from the roloducks, again only 1 is needed. Head back to the water cooler and hand in the toy.

done. perm costume coupon awarded.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited October 2023
    Does the 8 hour AFK also require the "swollen belly" look or do you just have to be on the map?

I did that for an hour, and Tangyoon had a different line, telling me to stay "an hour or so". I'll go AFK now and turn in, see what happens in 8 hours.
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited October 2023
    I've just started the tangyoon chair.

I was told to sit close to him on one of the food stands, unsure if this matters but I did it because I wanted to get this in the first attempt. I sat for an hour and nothing happened, he said i wasn't full enough, so i sat back down, did some housework, returned after 20ish more mins and clicked him while sitting in the chair and he told me how full i looked and i should stay for an hour or so. That's where i'm up to.

I've read, from those who successfully got the chair, you sit on it for at least 8hrs straight, don't DC, don't move, don't use a different chair. I've read speculation around standing but I'm going to follow those who claim to have the perm chair and that's sitting down on the event chair, uninterrupted, at least 8hrs. So i'm going to just AFK now and return tomorrow morning and see if that worked.

It's a good sign that he mentioned we looked full and should stick around, it means we passed that 1hr mark from part 1.

Edit:
    Can confirm that after 8hrs you talk to tangyoon and you get the permanent chair.
    perm-chair.png

however I haven't unlocked the other chair so checking that out. Black Bart (NPC to the right of Tangyoon) mentions there is a feast to be have, to stick around for the feast so I'm now sitting on the eating chair (not the big belly) and seeing if that unlocks the other chair.

EDIT 2:
    While sitting on the other chair I ran into this weird gibberish....
    huh.png
    ... so I have a sinking feeling we need to now sit on the other chair for 8hrs. IDK why there is a count down otherwise, assuming this gibberish is a countdown.
  • ArtezzaArtezza
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2023
    I have obtained the permanent crazy feast chair after only about 1,5 hours of sitting around (between Tangyoon and Calico, with the Bleh-face version while sitting). There seems to be some extra reward after that gibberish amount of hours.
    I somehow got the potion chair instantly from Spiegelette though, after talking to Abel or Bart. Good luck everyone!
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited October 2023
    Ok I've obtained the two permanent tangyoon food chairs.

The first chair is this one....
    perm-chair.png
    Just talk to tangyoon first who will hint to talk to Calico and Black Bark. Talk to Calico first and they say Tangyoon likes looking at you enjoy his cooking. I think I may have sat on the wrong chair that is why it took so long for me (???) but after an hour exactly with the big belly chair nothing happened so I just simply stayed on the big belly chair and AFK and when I returned as few hrs later Tangyoon gave me the above chair. As Artezza above mentioned it only took them 1.5hrs so I think you need longer than the reported 1hr on the MapleSEA reddit. I don't know why there was a time difference but at the end of the day I can confirm sitting on big belly event chair for a few hours (hopefully only 1.5hrs for most of you, unsure if the frenzy chair requires less time???) will net you the chair. Sorry I can't give you an exact time since I did AFK and just came back hours later.

The second chair to get is this one....
    good.png
    Remember the gibberish in the screenie I posted above? that was because I was sitting in the wrong chair. Again you need to be sitting in the big belly chair, not the food frenzy chair, but first talk to Black Bark, then sit in the big belly chair and AFK. I watched a movie then went to bed so over 10hrs later I got the chair so reports it's 8hrs seems on the money.

Unsure if I will work on both potion chairs, as Artezza mentioned the first one is as simply as just talking to the NPCs but the second one is reported to be given after 8hrs AFKing on the event chair in the potion bar. If I do try that one again tonight I'll report back if that is all it takes.

Sorry for any confusion on my end, it was trail and error but thankful that part is over lol.

EDIT: So I went to the potion bar, without talking to any other NPC and there was a quest bulb above Spiegella's head and it's the chair. So the first perm potion chair is super easy to get. Then she mentioned Abel so I went to talk to that NPC (bottom of map) and they're freaked about ghosts in the potion bar and sent me to Bart (top of map) and they're aslo freaked about ghosts and told me to go back to the potion bar. So what was written by MapleSEA players checks out, 1st chair obtained after simply talking to Spiegella and the second chair requires you to simply AFK in the potion bar for at least 8hrs after talking to Abel and Bart first. It's reported once the 8hrs are up to talk to Bart than Abel to finalize the last chair.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited October 2023
    question...whats the drop rate for shrimp chunk ? i killed about 400 and nothing :S
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited October 2023
    Oh, I'm so sorry RedRaven for not being more detailed, It's just the usual fried shrimp they drop, I'm so so sorry I didn't write the actual name because I just assumed everyone knew what I meant. It's just this....
    shrimp.png
    https://maplestory.fandom.com/wiki/Fried_Shrimp_Bite

Just to cover all bases this is the toy you're after....
    duckling.png
    https://maplestory.fandom.com/wiki/Toy_Duckling

As for the final potion chair, can confirm, Abel > Bart > potion room 8hrs > Bart > Abel and Abel gives you the chair. You know you're on the right hidden mission because they talk about ghosts and they ask you to go to the potion bar.
    final-potion.png

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited October 2023
    thx for clarrifying...glad i didn't try to push for additionnal kills beyond that...that would have been a huge waste of time :S