[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Boss Damage indicator change

iBundanceiBundance
Reactions: 845
edited October 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Requesting the boss damage indicator show party members if they've done 5% of the total boss health instead of 5% of the current party damage.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2023
    This creates a larger problem because you will have to wait until the end of the boss to know if you're even keeping up or not.
    Players who don't hit 5% until the literal end won't know that they can't make it until the boss is already dead. You're asking for a worse setup.
    Not to mention that some bosses heal so what you're asking for is actually just impossible.

For example, if after a single burst in a boss I have a blue dot, I know I'm not wasting my time with the boss.
    Under what you're suggesting, I might have to wait 20 minutes to know that I couldn't even make it in the first place.
    Many people will watch the color of the dot and slow down if someone goes from blue to red so that they can keep up.
    Your idea would effectively just screw these people even harder than they already are.

The change that really needs to be made is for Nexon to just show the actual number, not just a color, in real time.
  • chirchir
    Reactions: 560
    edited November 2023
    Fuhreak wrote: »

The change that really needs to be made is for Nexon to just show the actual number, not just a color, in real time.

agreed!