[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pet, storage and progression changes

ForskarForskar
Reactions: 210
edited November 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi!

I have a couple of suggestion which may benefit player base and to keep players staying playing. My suggestions are centerd around the convenience and begin able to easily play between characters.

The game has become an account wide game which suggest you should and you should want to progress with multiable characters at once but due the current audience and the average gamer dosen't have many spare hours everyday day it's less likely for players to commit to the essential core mechanics of the game. To level a character 44 times to somewhere between level 140-200 times is a time consuming task and to do start over with every class makes it even worse, while you should/maintain a main character which requires alot of hours.

Full trade within the account and crafting-/coin-bag
Therefore i suggest the reboot progression should be even more account based. Implement trading within the account. Begin able to use the momentum from other charactrers to benefit your other characters. That would improve the quality of life alot since gear you loot after a certain points still benefits the account overall and eliminates annoying struggles of starting a new class. Even though with dropped gear begin class orientated it will help out other classes with same base job. Begin able to trade freely within the account also makes it easier to maintain mules, mains and storage. Coins and crafting material is also a grindy aspect of the game. Why not implement a coin/crafting inventory accountwide to eliminate the coins grind when starting a new character and again to improve the quality life of starting other characters. Shouldn't players be rewarded for their timespent on mains/bossing mules which they can use for other characters.

Pets should be account wide.
One things that prevents players from starting other characters and to keep playing them is the cost of pets. Every pet demainds 10-15 euro per character which isen't much but if you were to spend that amount on every class and use 3 pets it would be around 1400 euro + water of life expenses (Pets are a core game mechanic nowdays) which surely not many players wanna spend. Which makes other characters on the account just begin rushed to 140-200 while the free pets are active and then forgotten about. Thats playtime and potential revenue lost in NX and other potential revenue.

Implement a new system of account wide progression with pets. Price pets 10-30 euro each and make them permanent and make them account wide. Have a tab for where you can maintain your pets and also swap them in and out if you want to change the pets. Meaning all characters within the account share the same sets pets from that tab and reduces the annoying pet cost per each character which probably would lead to more play time between different classes.

I belive my suggestions could strongly benefit the wellfare of the game and help new players stay while they can try multiable characters and trade freely inbetween and also not having to worrying about free pets is just lasting for 3 days before having to pay up to keep trying the game. Many of my friends which have tried the game feel very overwhelmed at the start and also stressed out about the pet situvation. They belive it’s to expensive but they also play other games with subscriptions services which leads to another suggestion.

Subscription based around quality of life.
While begin subscribed players get access to the coin/crafting inventory (account wide) and gets an skill upgrade for the pets which enabels VAC during the subscribed period.
This wouldnt be classified as pay to win but will be seen as a pay for quality of life. Begin able to pay a lesser amount monthly and for services like that would probably generate more revenue then the current pet situvation due the immense costs. There could probably be more things one could put behind a 10 euro subscription but these key points comes to my mind and i would gladly pay for it.
Klara

Comments

• TheBellTollsTheBellTolls
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2023
    Agree with your first two points. It seems very similar to how Lost Ark works, where your currency, pets, and crafting materials are all account-wide and can be freely accessed from any character (and I'm sure there are some item types I'm forgetting). If Maple had a system like that, it would be much more player-friendly.

Not so sure about the subscription thing, but pulling from Lost Ark again, I could see them adding something like Crystalline Aura, where you can pay a small amount ($5 in LA, or in-game currency!) every 30 days and gain benefits from it. These benefits are mostly related to convenience and side-content, so not P2W in the traditional sense, very much more pay for convenience. In terms of Maple, it'd be like current MVP rewards.
  • ForskarForskar
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2023
    Yeah something along those lines.

Exactly. Paytowin is the worst modell of them all but payforconvenience is something i can get behind aslong their is a reasonable price point and valueable things.
    Having normal pets begin able to use vac or something along those lines would surely not fit the pay to win stamp but would be convenient for many players multitasking and so on.

Now after seeing their current model idea i feel something like my suggestion is more preferable and players would pay(reasonable price) for it without a rebellion.
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited November 2023
    I agree with the account wide pets. The reason I don't buy pets anymore is that they're all temporary and I don't want a temporary pet stuck on a character that I only touch once every few months or sometimes once a year. My ultimate goal is to have a set of themed permanent pets to suit each character - I understand that's going to be expensive on my end, but with the current situation of only releasing temporary pets, I'm saving a lot of money so thank you Nexon. XD

I wouldn't mind a subscription fee for quality of life upgrades if it's a reasonable price. Just not like the sol erda booster from Msea - the price is ridiculous.