[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Permanent Cash Shop Inventory Transfer

Akali_Smite_WTFAkali_Smite_WTF
Reactions: 810
edited November 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi,

The request stems off of the issues many players/customers are having during this cash inventory transfer event. They are unable to transfer their cash items.

The request:
The cash shop should be available between all characters at all times. It should not be limited to 2-4 events each year that last 1 week long.

Why?
The items from the cash shop are purchased with real money and should be accessible. A customer should that spends hundreds, or even thousands of dollars to obtain pets that can loot further distance (aka vac pets) only to be locked on a particular character for months at a time is absurd.

What's wrong with current system?
It is a predatory practice that encourages desperate players to then spend hundreds, or even thousands of dollars more to get them on other characters. This practice needs to end.

Why this example?
The vac pet is only but one example and is brought up because of the amount of money it costs the customer to obtain. All items purchased with cash, NX, whatever you want to call it, if it originates from the customer and benefits the company, needs to be available on the customer's account at all times anywhere the customer wishes it to be.

How does this benefit the company?
Builds more trust between the customer and the company and makes them a loyal customer. A loyal customer will come back and be willing to continue spending with the business.

That is my request, and I hope that other maplers/customers share the same sentiment.

Thank you,
TheBellTolls
  1. Should the players be able to transfer the cash items to any character on their account at any time?5 votes
    1. Yes, of course
       100% (5 votes)
    2. No, of course not
       0% (0 votes)
    3. It doesn't affect me
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• TheBellTollsTheBellTolls
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2023
    It's insane that this was never just the default behavior. Having separate cash inventories for each class grouping it's such an antiquated system that should've been changed over a decade ago. I purposely don't buy many cash items purely because of how this system works; if items were available to all my characters I'd be much more inclined to buy cosmetics and vac pets.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited November 2023
    yes and no
    i think they should mix up more groups together than have tiny groups

Explorers: stay as is

merge Resistance & Heroes

merge Cygnus, Nova, Sengoku

merge Flora, Friendstory, Anima, Child of a God, Beast Tamer

too small group = way greedy
    but a big group isn't too greedy

it leave them an opening to make money while also not looking completly disgusting

i think a middle ground is good enough

in addition to the above they should hold an event once per year that let players duplicate up to 3 items they own that they can send to the other groups
    rewarding players thats been around for a while
  • thanhbinhlabthanhbinhlab
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    yes and no
    i think they should mix up more groups together than have tiny groups

Explorers: stay as is

merge Resistance & Heroes

merge Cygnus, Nova, Sengoku

merge Flora, Friendstory, Anima, Child of a God, Beast Tamer

too small group = way greedy
    but a big group isn't too greedy

it leave them an opening to make money while also not looking completly disgusting

i think a middle ground is good enough

in addition to the above they should hold an event once per year that let players duplicate up to 3 items they own that they can send to the other groups
    rewarding players thats been around for a while

No, in fact, this should extend to "look for items in the other char inventory and storage". Other games could do it, there is no way that MapleStory couldnt handle this.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2023
    I know that its been up for discussion in kms and they said their final goal is to have an open cash transfer, but no idea when they will implement this, but its in the discussion. Cause they know that not only us here in the west want the ability to move our cash equipments to new character and branches as often as we can.

The big difference between kms and gms is that KMS have monthly cash transfer events. In KMS the cash transfer event is called Lady Blair’s Dream Express So optimally for now would be if we also would be able to get a monthly cash transfer event =)