[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Perma Ban - Seeking Resolution and Transparency

imNyssaimNyssa
Reactions: 100
edited November 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am writing to share my frustrating experience with Maplestory support after being banned from the game around four months ago. I've followed all the appropriate channels to appeal my ban, but unfortunately, my efforts seem to be falling on deaf ears. I would like to bring this to the attention of the community in the hope that others may have faced similar issues or can offer guidance on how to resolve this matter.

Here's a brief summary of my situation:

Around four months ago, I received a permanent ban while testing a new alternative method to play Maplestory on my Mac. At that time, I was using a Windows Virtual Machine to run the game and was primarily in town or testing for visual lag and overall stability. Around 20 mins of jumping around in map got perma banned. No excuses nor explanations, they won't even hear my case and check my history as a player. All those years thrown into the garbage.

In my case, I was exploring a Virtual Machine solution for Mac to make Maplestory more accessible. I want to clarify that my intention was never to harm or exploit the game. I am open to answering any questions from Maplestory support to shed light on my case.

In addition, I want to highlight that I often use remote desktop software, specifically AweSun (as promoted by famous maplestory youtuber coppersan), to control my Windows laptop from my Mac for a better gaming experience. This is good, but visual lag is noticeable and that's why I was looking for an alternative. Also tried Nvidia, don't even ask me about it, pure crap.

I also play Tibia, an MMORPG. I got banned there like a year ago while been asked by a friend to give him some in game money, I didn't even played at that time, just logged in to give him some money and boom, insta banned the second I logged in.

I'm a programmer myself, also engineer in my free time so I'm have all kinds of programming tools opened all the time. For the Tibia case, even though I emailed BattlEye, they did nothing. I really hope you, Maplestory, can be the exception here. Look at forums, there're many people having the same issue.

I'm full aware how important are anti-cheat software these days, but I think support is also very important for these cases. If you look at the forum there're many people complaining about random bans, there's even a guild colleague from a Private tester [link: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/32348/nexon-transparency-auditing-of-false-bans/].