[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

UI Scaling Options

TheBellTollsTheBellTolls
Reactions: 430
edited November 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With the latest patch, we were introduced to borderless fullscreen and support up to 4K resolution, which is great! However, I've been running into a problem.

I play on a 2K monitor (2560x1440), and while the option for borderless fullscreen at that resolution is there, with it comes a very large UI that I can't seem to change. Disabling UI Optimization makes it a bit smaller, but also blurry. I've found that 1920x1080 has a great UI scale, but then it can't be borderless fullscreen. So, my only options end up being:

1) Play at 2K Borderless with a large UI.
2) Play at Windowed 1080p for a nice UI size, but no fullscreen.
3) Play at Fullscreen 1080p, getting fullscreen and a nice UI size, but then taking longer to tab out and reducing the size of all my background windows.

I'd like to see some sort of UI slider that allows me to play in Borderless 2K and scale down my UI so it doesn't take up so much screen real estate.

(Nice work on the upscaling options in the Laboratory section! Both options look great.)

Comments

• l0wcardl0wcard
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2023
    Same issue here. Please give us an option to make the UI smaller, it is abnormally huge on 1440p. Just opening my inventory and equip window next to each other almost takes up the entire screen.