[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS Solution for Ursus Removal

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,465
edited January 20 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Add a boss crystal to Gollux to replace the mesos that would have came from Ursus.

Sell value of the crystal will be based on what difficulty of Gollux that was cleared, with Hell Difficulty Gollux being roughly the mesos of the three runs of Ursus.

Example:
Easy Clear: Roughly around 5 million mesos [25 million mesos for Heroic worlds].
Normal Clear: Roughly around 10 million mesos [50 million mesos for Heroic worlds].
Hard Clear: Roughly around 15 million mesos [75 million mesos for Heroic worlds].
Hell Clear: Roughly around 20 million mesos [100 million mesos for Heroic worlds].

Comments

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited January 24
    instead of following kms footsteps they should keep him

Gollux isn't exactly new player friendly like Ursus is...i'am still unable to take down hell gollux after 7 months(although getting close to be able to now)

although if they're rly going to follow trough with that, then i take that suggestion over no alternative, although this is a rly bad move for newer players, adding even more thorns in getting progress..i might not be affect though by the time that patch come..although i rly can't agree with the removal, i know the feel of absurd struggle as still almost fully fresh returning player(starting from scratch) so i kin of sympathise with ppl that would return or are completly new to maple if its removed

....btw i dont get your viewpoint bout being cool the way sixth job work base on the way you replied me in my thread...like you know how absurdly tedious it is right ? i should not have to spend 6 years gameplay to catch up to ppl that started reboot like 10 years ago...like i'am fine being somewhat behind but would be rly nice to at least get a boost to some extent to get nearby ppl that played for 10 years...like anything beyond normal Will/Lucid is still pretty far out of my reach
  • StaconaStacona
    edited January 26
    RedRaven wrote: »
    instead of following kms footsteps they should keep him

Gollux isn't exactly new player friendly like Ursus is...i'am still unable to take down hell gollux after 7 months(although getting close to be able to now)

although if they're rly going to follow trough with that, then i take that suggestion over no alternative, although this is a rly bad move for newer players, adding even more thorns in getting progress..i might not be affect though by the time that patch come..although i rly can't agree with the removal, i know the feel of absurd struggle as still almost fully fresh returning player(starting from scratch) so i kin of sympathise with ppl that would return or are completly new to maple if its removed

....btw i dont get your viewpoint bout being cool the way sixth job work base on the way you replied me in my thread...like you know how absurdly tedious it is right ? i should not have to spend 6 years gameplay to catch up to ppl that started reboot like 10 years ago...like i'am fine being somewhat behind but would be rly nice to at least get a boost to some extent to get nearby ppl that played for 10 years...like anything beyond normal Will/Lucid is still pretty far out of my reach

There are things GMS can and cannot do, and Ursus is KMS content and if it is not going to be supported then it will just cause problems for GMS.

New players can kill easy and normal gollux quite easily, this will help against potential bots for interactive worlds as well since they have to be a lot stronger for gollux (especially for hard and hell) and gollux is a harder boss to fight which makes it difficult for bots to kill.

Things that GMS can do is keep the increased mesos rate for heroic worlds and keep the current cubes since those are exclusive for each region. But they cannot keep content like Ursus which is done by the main dev team and no longer will fix bugs for the boss that come up.

6th job progression will be sped up over time, like how we get the weekly dungeon this summer which is:
    ~Sol Erda Energy for interactive worlds (they can trade for fragments and/or buy fragments in their mesos market).
    ~Sol Erda Energy and Fragments for heroic worlds.

They will continue to add stuff similar to this in the future as 6th job gets expanded over time which is how new and returning players will catch up since the current player base has the slowest form of 6th job progression.

In terms of equipment progression for Reboot, they need to:
    A. Not remove the increased mesos passive at this time (the cap doesn't do anything since it is the base mesos before mesos multipliers apply)
    B. Come up with a better progression path that is actually better than the current system and does not involve making a bunch of bossing characters (which makes the strong get stronger and leaves behind the new and returning players further)

The better system might be to remove the increased mesos and set it to interactive world rate and heroic worlds get a new system where when you get exp you gain non-transferable special mesos, and is used the same way as mesos.

For example: Every 1,000 exp you gain you get 1 sudo-meso, and applies to every source (guild castle, monster park, monsters, events, level up potions, etc.), so if you did monster park party quest and got 150 billion exp, you would also get 150 million sudo-mesos.

This would lock character progression to that character and have to play the character to make it stronger, but still have a little bit of regular mesos for account progression at a slower rate. This would help new players make their legion easier since just playing on the character grants sudo-mesos to starforce the early equipment so that it is realistic for them to level all the way to 200+.

The rate should be based on roughly 15x mesos gain for the sudo-mesos (more/less) which is a huge buff from 6x heroic world mesos, but reduces the sweaty player gain of 5+ bossing characters every week or even capping out their boss crystals for the week entirely, which slows down their gain substantially and speeds up new player gain substantially which would be a better direction for the game moving forward for player growth.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited January 26
    150 billion exp is 1 hour and half of grind at 260(If your able to mostly 1 shot mobs)...thats even more brutal than boss killing :S.....easier with multi boss chars for 1 billion per hour.....ofc getting a few alts for bossing would take a bit of time but more rewarding long term(at least early//mid-game)
    but they could add a system that let you choose the way you earn mesos each week....like on logging you get prompt on weither you want to earn mesos trough raw grind or trough boss killing..choosiing grind mean you be earning from mass kills......choosing boss path mean you sell crystals and get nothing from raw grind

events for sixth job reward will not help maxing fifth job nods...so 6th job reward will do nothing untill you max out your skills to lvl 25 in the fifth job matrix first.....while lvling the bind skill and the 1 skill at top right are possible....the bottom left ones are fully lock from access untill then...

for Ursus GMS devs can support it without the KMS devs..not rly sure why your saying its a problem..both team are able to script coding... unless there a legal issue for it ?
    as for mesos rate given to gollux i think the following rate would be better without getting a serious mesos income drop(if Ursus is removed)
    easy: 60 millions
    normal 75 millions
    hard 105 millions
    hell 140 millions

technicly 90 mil for ursus is possible around lvl 200 so i think thats fair pricing if he's replace....for hellux on the other hand your not easily gonna kill him untill 260 with few legendary potential line which would make him a breeze like Ursus at that point..the gain would also be roughly the same as SS///SSS ranks
    also want to note that Ursus mesos amount also scale with char lvl...S rank at 260 = 35M per run(105M for 3 runs)
  • StaconaStacona
    edited January 26
    RedRaven wrote: »
    150 billion exp is 1 hour and half of grind at 260(If your able to mostly 1 shot mobs)...thats even more brutal than boss killing :S.....easier with multi boss chars for 1 billion per hour.....ofc getting a few alts for bossing would take a bit of time but more rewarding long term(at least early//mid-game)
    but they could add a system that let you choose the way you earn mesos each week....like on logging you get prompt on weither you want to earn mesos trough raw grind or trough boss killing..choosiing grind mean you be earning from mass kills......choosing boss path mean you sell crystals and get nothing from raw grind

events for sixth job reward will not help maxing fifth job nods...so 6th job reward will do nothing untill you max out your skills to lvl 25 in the fifth job matrix first.....while lvling the bind skill and the 1 skill at top right are possible....the bottom left ones are fully lock from access untill then...

for Ursus GMS devs can support it without the KMS devs..not rly sure why your saying its a problem..both team are able to script coding... unless there a legal issue for it ?
    as for mesos rate given to gollux i think the following rate would be better without getting a serious mesos income drop(if Ursus is removed)
    easy: 60 millions
    normal 75 millions
    hard 105 millions
    hell 140 millions

technicly 90 mil for ursus is possible around lvl 200 so i think thats fair pricing if he's replace....for hellux on the other hand your not easily gonna kill him untill 260 with few legendary potential line which would make him a breeze like Ursus at that point..the gain would also be roughly the same as SS///SSS ranks
    also want to note that Ursus mesos amount also scale with char lvl...S rank at 260 = 35M per run(105M for 3 runs)

Cannot add too many mesos into the game, players would progress too quickly.

The exp to fake-mesos systems converts any source of exp; so dailies, monster park, guild castle, level up potions, etc. would give its exp and fake-mesos for heroic worlds. On top of when you train you still get regular mesos as well, same with maple tour and such.

You would be getting a lot more sources to supply you with equipment progression for cubes and starforce, etc. so the values need to be adjusted since sources that didn't give mesos now give mesos, so some of the sources that currently give mesos needs to be reduced.

Hard choice system too complicated and causes unnecessary stress on the player.

You still get regular mesos from the usual places.
    The idea for character-locked mesos as well is to bring back the idea for heroic worlds to be all about character progression, as in you got to play on that character to progress that character. Granting these special mesos for doing any content that grants exp is already way more freeing than what we currently have, this lets the player decide how they want to play the game and still progress. [This also includes all of the exp you get from stuff like terra blink and hyper burns will also grant the non-transferable special mesos for that character.]

Guild castle weekly reward gives a lot of weekly nodestones.
  • PHDSkylaPHDSkyla
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited March 4
    Gollux isn't account-based, though.