[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

An Open Letter to Nexon Corporation Part 2

KappaDrewKappaDrew
Reactions: 3,310
Member, Private Tester
edited January 21 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening, and to whom it may concern at Nexon America INC.

It has recently come to many of our attentions the updates occurring in Korean MapleStory in response to the cubing rate manipulations that have occurred over the past decade. as investigated by the Korean FTC. As a result a majority of your customer base is (rightly) extremely worried for the changes that have occurred in light of this situation. Seeing as many times Nexon has stated they are wanting to be more transparent and upfront with all communication about changes, and concerns your community has I believe this is a wonderful time for you as a company to demonstrate that will to be transparent. In my opinion the best way to do this is to hire a 3rd party investigation to look at ALL "RNG based" systems that are and have been implemented in GMS in the past decade, similar to how the Korean FTC has been forced to do, The reason I believe this to be in your own best interest as a company is as follows.

1. Shows your willingness to display accurate and real information regarding your game which MANY of your own consumers do NOT have good faith in Nexon NA even being aware of how your own systems work.
2. Shows proof that you have in-fact NOT been manipulating your game systems and monetary systems as previously inferred by previous statements by your team.
3. Brings more confidence in Nexon NA to have better consumer faith than ever before, which would be a first for the company in a VERY long time.

The systems that need to be looked into are as follows.

1. Cubing, Tier up rates, rates for rolling specific stats, and rates for different random stats have NEVER been disclosed for the GMS player base this is something that is frankly illegal in many country's as you allow consumers under and above the age of 18 to freely gamble on systems which the consumer has no way of knowing the rates of without researching via 3rd party means which have no way of being confirmed officially.

2. Premium Surprise Style Boxes (PSSB), and all their variants. Whilst we have official rates disclosed on the website each time the PSSBs are updated or a different variant is implemented, I believe this would benefit from having a 3rd party investigation to see the rates and disclose the rates, I personally have a hard time believing that this has not been tampered with multiple times depending on the box rotation with the existence of certain items sets in them from the KMS "Master Label" sets and they not have lower rates than others on specific items. As it does not make sense to have such desired items be attainable at a lower rate in comparison to other items.

3. Marvel Machine, I personally do not have much experience with this system however there are disclosed rates of what to expect, and MANY of the high value items appear to have much lower chance of being received than is displayed. A 3rd party investigation would alleviate such concerns from your customers.

4. Wonderberry's, Again another RNG reward system which has a few layers of RNG to get the most premium rewards from it, AKA Petite Luna Pets which have a "vacuum" function. A 3rd party investigation would alleviate such concerns from your customers.

In closing, these are the main 4 systems which I am personally concerned with and believe that you as a company would be most wanting to have shown as being manipulation free as they are Global MapleStory's main 4 forms of revenue production and specifically rely on RNG. I would highly recommend launching your own 3rd party investigation into these systems to prove the accuracy of your state rates, as well as disclose any undisclosed rates for all systems to avoid potential intervention from an entity such as the FTC needing to be brought in to investigate out of concern for Nexon America Inc violating consumer protection laws in multiple countries.

Best Regards,
a VERY concerned Mapler and his community.

To my fellow Mapler's If you are concerned that Nexon America INC. will in bad faith not perform a 3rd party audit of their RNG related systems you may file complaints with the US FTC at https://www.ftc.gov/ under the appropriate listings.
charityleaf

Comments

• charityleafcharityleaf
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 22
    The biggest red flag to me is the transition to remove cubes being obtained with real money. Removing this will allow them to bypass so many internet gambling laws and completely negate their legal obligation to disclose rates at all, since money is not directly involved.
    Charging $$ for meso on their end would allow them to further manipulate and hide rates because meso has a wide variety of uses and you are not obligated to gacha