[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Feedback

KyceKyce
Reactions: 1,000
edited May 13 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I used to love this game so much. I would spend every day in it for years but it's just completely unplayable at this point.
Why is my Warrior jumping around like all the other classes? Why doesnt he feel slow and powerful like a warrior should? Isnt this labeled mmoRPG so why is my warrior identity gone? Oh maybe because you changed the game so much that it's not remotely the same.
This should not even be called Maplestory.
It's a shell of its former glory.

Why is the progression that used to be so good, so horrible now? Making a new character was awesome, i made dexless assasins to lvl 30 and 50 just to delete it after 2 weeks and do it again 10 times just because the pq rushing was so much FUN, not to get to max level, not to make mad mesos to blow up zakum as fast as possible (Tho i did that too), but to have FUN With FRIENDS! Wheres the social interactions?!

The game is so dead to me. Not just as in "Oh...i really don't want to play this anymore at all"
Where is everyone? all of the fun aspects of it is gone. I understand that the market died for a reason, why did the rest of the social interactions have to get completely deleted for?
Why am I locked to very long dialogues when i just want to do a simple quest? and why is the level cap so high? Leveling up is so meaningless now! Before leveling up felt like saturday now its monday.
Every relevant equip is untradeable, cubing, more cubing, more random rolls exclusively for NX!, random boxes, random boxes.
Oh! hold up! better scissor of karma those 15 equips if u want to transfer them. ONLY 50 dollars!? Well that's like 5% of the cubes i bought yesterday! What a bargain!

And whats with this horrible old school maplestory event i see. Obviously designed to make everyone who plays it feel like oldschool maplestory is much more boring of an idea than it actually is?
"remember how slow you will be walking and with very low damage too? stoopid maplers! Whats that? Only the thief class and mage calss has a ton of mobility??? STRANGE!!
and also unfair! :( Numbers and effects all over your screen is what you want! Come on! You dont know what you waaant stupid consumers!. By the way =) new random perma NX box dropping soon haha Only 150 items and the good ones have lower rates, will you get what you want? exciting! Go spend more money now!"
Shame on you Nexon, I've never typed so much, wishing to curse inbetween every word without actually doing it.

How about you take a look at the korean maplestoryworlds old school style servers and look at that 1,3 MILLION player count (and thats on the victoria only version) And have a little rethink? Whats with the disdain towards oldschool i really dont get it obviously the leaders in nexon hates it. and the players LOVE it A LOT.

Comments

• StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,830
    edited May 16
    The social aspect is a people thing. Nothing can be done about that.

Slow, clunky movement is not exactly good nor fun for a platformer, and people don't actually want to move slow which is why warriors all gained a flash jump.

Old School Party Quest Event is actually how the game played pre-big bang, you are just remembering it differently.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited May 17
    old school and new school would work better together and make it more interesting together

1- High movement speed for all Classes to be kept...however i would not mind if warriors started as slow at lower levels//job
    ...a powerfull warrior would have speed in the end...like i would not mind if they were getting it at lvl 200 unlike other classes
    2- Buff Clutter reduce to 1-2 skills to buff(or stack all buff skill on 1 key to cast them all at once)
    3- PQ revamped with a total of 4 difficulty(make them more entertaining than they were(suggested that in other thread and can view example)
    3.1 PQs should be associate to gain currencies, exp, BiS Titles,BiS Totems, Hearts(up to 160), BiS Badges, BiS good Medals(other Pieces of Gear should be from Bosses)
    3.note: Lotus coming out with a real BiS Heart soon so i dont want PQ to reduce its value, but at the same time i think they should be acquirable from PQ untill can farm
    the one from extreme Lotus
    4-keep Boss relevant and main source of gearing up
    5- Legion System...idk what to do with that but its discouraging for a lot of new players...at the same time it balance out some classes....and there the gear perk when generate enough points for flames stones.....getting rid of it would mean having to do a lot of classes adjustment as well as alternate way to get flames..alternatively could get ride of flames but that also mean rebalancing bosses or classes(probably a huge mess by doing so and ton of time investment to conduct tests).....the more simple era from Maple would not deal with those as they didn't exist XD

6- untradeable system....well think of it as a perk ;) acc thiefs can't resale stolen stuff...so your acc on reboot servers are technicly safer in a way...also i like it because whale can't inflate market prices....although some items should be tradable on reboot....such as
    Between Players (Arcane Symbols, Sacred Symbols, Cosmetics(Events ones))
    howewer(those would have a static price set by NX so that trade like 1 for 4,000,000,000,000,000 mesos can't happen)
    personnaly i think the following prices per symbol would be adequate
    Arcane Symbols: 1 for 1.3 Million Mesos
    Sacred Symbols: 1 for 2.7 Millions Mesos
    Cosmetic from events...maybe a cap of 5 billion ?(excessive prices prevention)
    Account Bound(Gear)
    that would be Alts friendly....however i think a new storage type for that would be better to cap a big advantage
    Warriors, Archers and Pirate would share 1 Storage between them
    and Mage and Thiefs(Xenon include) would share 1 Storage between them

that way getting easy high flames would not be made too easy if classes type can't trade to just any class thats using a different main stat
    but at least feeding alts gear would be doable in some way

7- numbers & effects
    during mobbing its wtv
    but during bossing they need a serious tone down
    (there the transparency effect in the options for skills but its active for both bossing and mobbing :S ) if could be re-design to be only active during bosses
    because i personnaly enjoy the effects while mobbings brainless harmless mobs

lastly old school maple is nice as its simple...but its lacking in challenging contain....ppl like it as they have to play as a group.....which the current retail maple is missing....and the simplest solution to that is revamping the PQs and give them meaning to do them(ppl be able to socialize again)

ofc old school maple dont have irritating systems such as cubes, flames, honor , legion systems either
    although i do think cubes//flames is a better system than the scrolls system that was there previously.its a working system....while scrolls would just tend to go
    on a fail, fail, fail, fail, fail success chain and also with their rarity it wasn't too engaging for players

oh and the fomo abuse which no one like(also a good way to drive ppl away)

overall NX need to understand their players feelings better and what would be more engaging for them to participate in(they dont have to go all the way
    back to Old Maple)

although there 4 major problems ongoing
    1- players tend to give feedback while thinking of their own likes alone and disregard other players likes
    2-NX has become obssess with loot boxes(which only whales can rly afford)...basicly locking out their average player
    from having a chance to buy stuff they may like
    3- Fomo abuse.....making cash items limited time will not increase sales....it will instead decrease them...ppl wont stick 3-5 years around in hope to see 1 cash item they want to be available.....if they leave the game b4 the item is for sale or are on hiatus during the sale of the item they would of like to buy....then the sale ain't occuring
    assuming items someone like is alway available for sale...they will buy it eventually when they feel rdy to get it(no need to put stress on ppl)
    4- lack of social content(aka dead pq)

conclusion: releasing old maple with some revamps might be a success(with the following)
    Flames/Cube System stay(better than scroll system anyway)
    Legion/Honor System Removed
    All Classes available(Rebalanced to fit old school stats)
    Warrior & Archer get to be slow walking classes untill fourth job(fourth job give them a passive boosting Speed by 30% and jump by 15% +
    ......+. flash jump )..or gradually increase walking speed at each job adv(first job 5%, second 10%(total), third 20%(total), fourth 30%(total)
    and Flash Jump get to be fourth job only
    skills alloting infinite ammo for Night Lord/Night Walker and all shooters should stay as clogging inventory with 30 slots fill of missiles stacks was bad design
    revamped pq with multi-difficulties
    PQ bosses attacks to deal % dmg so dont have to rely on Hyper Body to survive
    not too sure what to do about retail/reboot bosses and their lvl requirement(if lvl cap to 200 return in classic)
    and should fifth//sixth job be remove for classic ?

Cash Shop: everything available at ALL time...........Hairs, Faces, Hairs Color, Eye Color all sold as VIP only no more rng
    Clothes sort by category
    Reg Clothes
    Fantasy Clothes
    Furry Clothes
    Badass Clothes
    Edgy Clothes

Cash Shop Prices reduce by 50% permanently as an apology to ppl that had to quit retail//reboot to get the classic feel again)(they probably already paid for some stuff in retail//reboot anyway)