[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Job balance suggestion

DanDan
Reactions: 400
edited June 1 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey, i have a great suggestion for improving lara and make it more balaced in the game. As you know, lara is one of the weakest characters in the game, and she doesnt really have a great support. Although, 2 simple changes in my opinion, can make her so much better, as she would provide a much better support.
First one is her manifestation: sunlight-filled ground. It can be so much better if the "damage" buff will be change to "final damage" buff. That way, she will be much more wanted for party bossing.

Second idea, is her "arbor away" skill. This skill provides an area buff, like battle mage's auras. But for some reason, rhis buff only affects the caster. Why? There is really no reason that it wont buff party members as well. This is super effective, and will help so much to make her a better support class.

These 2 changes will make lara so much better, and wanted in parties, but still wont make her op, she will be like, A or A+. Hope you'll consider these changes, it will make our lives so easier as lara mains
  1. Do you agree?0 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,830
    edited June 5
    Lara has really good damage and it will be even better when we get more cd skip with legion artifact, but her mechanics and support skills need to get buffed majourly, especially the support skills.

I have a post with a more detailed skill improvements for Lara.
    Manifestations skills do need to be buffed, but buff their utility, make them all summon with only one skill key by removing their cooldowns, make them bigger, and rework the river manifestation skill entirely.

Rather she provides unique party utility than just be another buffer, more reason to desire Lara over someone else this way. And have her healing skill actually be able to heal for once!

Snowglobe is a party buff. Crit damage and boss damage is a buff when Lara is in the snowglobe to activate the effect and party members are inside as well, the defense reduction is a party debuff, and the cleanse every 2 seconds is the only thing that is Lara only.
  • DanDan
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 7
    Well, i can agree with most of what you say, but off burst she barely does damage.
    Abot tge snowglobe, i didnt know it works on the party, its not detailed in the skill's description. I totally agree with the manifestation, it needs a rework, but in my opinion, the river is fine.
    I would really like to see your post
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,830
    edited June 7
    Dan wrote: »
    Well, i can agree with most of what you say, but off burst she barely does damage.
    Abot tge snowglobe, i didnt know it works on the party, its not detailed in the skill's description. I totally agree with the manifestation, it needs a rework, but in my opinion, the river is fine.
    I would really like to see your post

Its on the forums.

Lara is a sustain damage class, her damage is really good not bursting and her burst sucks.
    Use absorb skills with 20% chance to CD skip inner ability, spam missiles when off cooldown, they can also skip and most damage from 5th job missiles is using as little as possible with cd reduction hat line(s) [each 5th job missile consumed adds on +12 seconds for 60 seconds when all 5 are set off, but if you ideal can get off 1 missile at a time then the effective value of cd reduction hat lines multiplies - use 5x you turn your -2 hat cd to -10 hat cd, use once every 60s and you only reduce the skill by -2 seconds, this adds up over the course of a boss fight].

How you know snowglobe is a party skill is because it specifies specifically that only Lara gets the dispel every 2 seconds while inside of it, but Lara has to be inside of the snowglobe to activate it or it does nothing, the IED is a debuff that applies when the boss monster is also inside of the snowglobe (defense reduction and ied do the same thing essentially).

I use summons for the mobbing, absorb skills for the bossing, makes bossing a lot easier to manage and more enjoyable.