[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Took Nexon to buff/update BT over FIVE YEARS...

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,820
edited June 6 in General Chat
It took Nexon over 5 years from Beast Tamer release to do ANY skill improvements to the class!
https://www.nexon.com/maplestory/news/update/4369/updated-july-24-v-206-pathfinder-squadron-of-heroes-patch-notes#beast
(Very first skill change / balance update for Beast Tamer / Chase)

This is both unacceptable and absolutely embarrassing on Nexon's part to neglect a class for this long!
I do not want Lynn to suffer the same fate as Chase because Lynn too launched in a very underpowered, underwhelming, and overly tedious state as well and for Nexon to get it together and fix Lynn's issue as soon as possible and not wait over 5 years before any changes.

The first balance changes to Beast Tamer were massive buffs to the class and the worst part about it is that she still got massive buffs in follow up updates after the first balance patch for her and still needed more buffs after all those buffs!

I would love if the community spread this around and really bring awareness to the situation so we do not repeat history!
ItizNick

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 11
    I'm all for Lynn getting balance patches, but I completely disagree on Lynn being underpowered/underwhelming/overly tedious, as mentioned on your other thread.
  • StaconaStacona
    edited June 12
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I'm all for Lynn getting balance patches, but I completely disagree on Lynn being underpowered/underwhelming/overly tedious, as mentioned on your other thread.

they sucked all the fun out of beast tamer, that is the definition of being underpowered as well as nerf all of the buffs, mobility, and mechanical play

hawk mode was the ideal design for fun mobbing and bossing and just having mindless fun in towns, and just cat tree by itself was way stronger than overhealing, barrier, and party heal combined!
    cat mode had a full heal without a cooldown and an active dispel on a 5 seconds cooldown

lynn is a joke of a class and unless they do majour fixes to her she will become a meme class like beast tamer for the first 6 years until they addressed the issues in 2020, 2019 was just massive buffs for the entire kit, people started to seriously play BT after the 2020 hawk mode revamp because that is when the class became fun to play. Lynn is the reincarnation of 2014 BT...
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 12
    I'm sorry but just cannot agree with you at all, nor can anyone I ask about it that played BT before and after. Everyone I talk to agrees that Lynn is far better than BT ever was. It only seems to be you that thinks this way, which is fine but I will make sure that those of us that like the changes have our voice heard too.
  • StaconaStacona
    edited June 12
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I'm sorry but just cannot agree with you at all, nor can anyone I ask about it that played BT before and after. Everyone I talk to agrees that Lynn is far better than BT ever was. It only seems to be you that thinks this way, which is fine but I will make sure that those of us that like the changes have our voice heard too.

you are not even be stripped away anything, everything would just be an improvement, literally makes it better and you are actively trying to make a worse game
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 13
    Stacona wrote: »
    you are not even be stripped away anything, everything would just be an improvement, literally makes it better and you are actively trying to make a worse game

You are free to think that.
  • ItizNickItizNick
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 20
    Man you think that's bad, Try being a mech Main LOL
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 21
    the class that needs a revamp is the class used by the most legendary mapler of our time and the second coming of Fang Blade yes I'm talking about the glorious Kaiser!!!!!!
  • StaconaStacona
    edited June 21
    riza wrote: »
    the class that needs a revamp is the class used by the most legendary mapler of our time and the second coming of Fang Blade yes I'm talking about the glorious Kaiser!!!!!!

Kaiser probably is going to get a full rework, that is why it is taking so long, where as Angel Buster only needed a visual update so she was first.

I want Lynn to have her hawk mode gameplay back, that was the core reason we mained Beast Tamer! All of the movement options and mobbing of hawk mode need to return!