[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mr. Lee is Innocent (Event Hall Lag)

Comments

• Randomcity2Randomcity2
    Reactions: 910
    edited November 2016
    Umm ... they actually WERE justified in removing Mr. Lee (kinda). I had no lag other than map change lag in there before till v176.3 or something like that, then they removed him and the sudden reappearance of lag there for the first time in years was gone again. So he was causing lag, but only for some. If you're lagged by Cassandra, Gaga and Maple Admin, then you're the old folks that had lag from them before that got them moved to event hall in the first place. I only experienced lag from those guys when I was using a sh*tty old PC with a Pentium III processor or Celeron D processor.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Randomcity2

Umm ... they actually WERE justified in removing Mr. Lee (kinda). I had no lag other than map change lag in there before till v176.3 or something like that, then they removed him and the sudden reappearance of lag there for the first time in years was gone again. So he was causing lag, but only for some. If you're lagged by Cassandra, Gaga and Maple Admin, then you're the old folks that had lag from them before that got them moved to event hall in the first place. I only experienced lag from those guys when I was using a sh*tty old PC with a Pentium III processor or Celeron D processor.
    I have an i7-4700HQ @2.4GHz, tyvm.
    Maple normally runs at a steady 60 FPS (windowed mode).
    My FPS drops down to 1 when I enter Event Hall on my Kradia Hero ( 8 year main).
    My Reboot Hero (about the same level, but of course many years newer and with less quests/events done) only drops to about 27 FPS.
    Secondary characters are anywhere between 30 and 50, with some mules feeling almost no FPS drop.
    All that, with Mr. Lee gone.

Also, why would you suddenly be affected by Mr. Lee starting at v176.3? I am certain they changed absolutely nothing about him since he was first placed in the Event Hall, two years ago. And if they did change something in v176.3, they could just have undone it, instead of remove that NPC.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    im still not experiencing this event hall lag, how bad is it?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Read my post right above yours?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

oh....

fun!

mines a Inte(R) Core i7-5820k CPU @ 3.30 GHz
    16 gigs of ram
    64 bit OS

and i can say i'm not experiencing any lag in the event hall unless i'm recording. then i drop down to like 40-50 frames in it.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    When is Lee going to be added back?
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

oh....

fun!

mines a Inte(R) Core i7-5820k CPU @ 3.30 GHz
    16 gigs of ram
    64 bit OS

and i can say i'm not experiencing any lag in the event hall unless i'm recording. then i drop down to like 40-50 frames in it.
    I don't get lag either but that's because my specs are high like yours.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    so where did Mr. Lee go :OOO ALL THAT JUICY EXP AND FARMING INSIGHT, DILLIGENCE, AMBITION AND ETC!!!!