[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Return of a Modern Carnival PQ

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,850
edited June 27 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Quick rundown be the return of the original, first Carnival Party Quest, but done in a modern aspect and be permanent.

The other aspect would be a new hoard mode style of party quest that has endless rounds to see how far you can get by working together with others!

Both aspects to this would be for characters level 200+ and the rewards scale with levels, and it will be weekly content for the main reward, but you still get something for every run you play.

Both modes will offer special carnival coins that can be used on the coin shop, the rewards that can be purchased will be based on character level and content that character has achieved.

Example rewards in this coin shop (cost varies between items, arcane/sacred symbols have different costs between each area):

~ Vanishing Journey Arcane Symbol
~ Chu Chu Arcane Symbol
~ Lachelein Arcane Symbol
~ Arcana Arcane Symbol
~ Morass Arcane Symbol
~ Esfera Arcane Symbol

~ Nodestone
~ Experience Nodestone

~ Medal of Honour

~ Red Flame
~ Rainbow Flame
~ Black Flame

~ Potential Scroll
~ Epic Potential Scroll
~ Bonus Potential Scroll (Interactive Worlds)
~ Variety of Scrolls (Interactive Worlds) [I don't know all of the different scroll types]

~ Mesos Bag (Heroic Worlds)
~ Spell Trace

~ Arcane River Droplet (Heroic Worlds)
~ Stone Origin Droplet (Heroic Worlds)

~ Glowing Cube
~ Bonus Glowing Cube (Interactive Worlds)
~ Bright Cube
~ Bonus Bright Cube (Interactive Worlds)

~ Cernium Sacred Symbol
~ Arcus Sacred Symbol
~ Odium Sacred Symbol
~ Shangri-La Sacred Symbol
~ Arteria Sacred Symbol
~ Carcion Sacred Symbol

~ Sol Erda Energy x10
~ Sol Erda Fragment

These Carnival Coins have no weekly limit and can always be obtained with every run based on placement for the 3 vs 3 mode or based on how far you gotten in the cooperative hoard mode.

The other reward for doing this content has a shared weekly limit between the 3 vs 3 mode and the cooperative 1-4 player endless hoard mode which is 3,000 EXP Tickets per week.

3 vs 3 mode will give 500 EXP Tickets per run, doubled to 1,000 if your team won. Carnival Coins will be similar where it has a base amount handed out and doubled if your team is the winning team.

1-4 player cooperative endless hoard mode will simply give you EXP Tickets based on what how many waves you successfully survived (the wave your party died on does not apply for reward handouts since you did not survive that wave), up to the weekly cap. Carnival Coins are similar to how many you can get per attempt as in the farther you survive, the more coins you get.

3 vs 3 Mode:
This will play it almost identically like the very first, original carnival party quest where each team has half the room for themselves and the other half for the other team and you can talk to each other (and your own party) while the round is going on.

Killing monsters will grant a score for your team based on what monster was killed, points for the killer to use to do things like summon monsters for the other team that get consumed, and EXP for your team based on what monster was killed and further EXP based on that character's level (i.e. Monster C was killed, Level 203 player gets 10,000 EXP, Level 216 player gets 23,000 EXP, and Level 267 player gets 1,760,000 EXP so that the content is always relevant for players regardless of your level).
[You could set it up where both teams agree to benefit and farm EXP together or play fully competitive.]

Every monster will grant a different amount of EXP and points based on how difficult it is to defeat.

Every monster has the same HP values.

Monsters will have different damage caps based on its difficulty, strongest monster has the lowest damage cap while the weakest (starting monsters) will have a damage cap so high that you basically won't feel it. This will make it where power of the character does not matter so you can have a proper competition with anyone, only thing that matters are the classes of the 3 members for each team.

Monsters vary in damage that they deal, weakest monster barely will do anything, while the stronger and strongest monsters will start dealing % HP damage.

Only ways to heal are either through Elixirs and Power Elixirs dropped by monsters and manually looting that potion or through healing skills, potion use is disabled while inside this area (a.k.a. healers like Bishop and Lynn are very valuable).

1-4 Player Endless Hoard Mode:

Difficulty scales based on amount of players that are in the attempt so that it is able to be done solo and not too easy with 4 players.

Every wave spawns in more monsters than the last, the monsters hit harder, and the damage cap becomes lower and lower. The monster HP remains the same for awhile until the damage cap hits a minimum value, then the monster HP will start increasing with every wave instead.

Every X amount of waves will spawn in special difficulty waves, bonus beneficial waves, or a boss monster wave.

Monsters will grant exp based on their difficulty and based on that character's level.

The map will be one massive map with a bunch of points of interest scattered about (bigger than Monster Park Party Quest map, and the layout of everything will be a lot more interesting too).

Comments

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited June 21
    i'd prefer gimmick mechanics and "dodge this !" over "dont touch me" and just making mob extra tanky

dont touch me can be sniped :S...and tankyness is just a dps check not a difficulty increase :S

take some ideas from my pq revamp thread :) or create newer one i didn't list
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,850
    edited June 21
    RedRaven wrote: »
    i'd prefer gimmick mechanics and "dodge this !" over "dont touch me" and just making mob extra tanky

dont touch me can be sniped :S...and tankyness is just a dps check not a difficulty increase :S

take some ideas from my pq revamp thread :) or create newer one i didn't list

Not meant to be super hard content, but also having a lot of monsters on the map is going to be pretty hard to not get touched.

There is a fun aspect to just seeing how far you can go and beating your own high score or getting a higher score than the other team for some pvp action that makes sense for maple, it would also create an option to progressing in the game rather than just mobbing or bossing for it.