[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Same Sex Marriage

TranquilCyndaquilTranquilCyndaquil
Reactions: 400
edited June 21 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Me and a Friend wanted to marry each other for the benefits and our characters are both male. But when we tried to get married we got discriminated for being both male.
I never thought I would be a gay rights activist but because of what happened my friend quit the game, he couldn't accept the fact that its impossible to for us to marry in this game and quit.

Please help me bring him back to the game, help me marry my hommie.
There is no reason that GMS shouldn't have same sex marriage.
Bring gay marriage to maplestory, bring my hommie back.

Comments

• StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,770
    edited June 22
    Please no.

We unfortunately are not allowed to talk about this for the vast majourity of the population that stand on the opposite side of this. Only a small niche is allowed to speak and the majourity is forced to be silent online (this is outside of the vast majourity that choose to be silent).

Also, mushroom game is technically a children's game.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited June 22
    well 1 of you 2 should make female characters then

also your friend quitting for 1 of the worse reason possible :S

if you guys are still under 200 with your main just create a new char....you gonna need all classes to lvl 200 eventually

so ya just marry some alts if you guys want the small benefit from apq...not gonna be usefull untill your like mid-end game anyway....aka after building your legion power to at least 8500
    Stacona
  • TranquilCyndaquilTranquilCyndaquil
    edited June 22
    Stacona wrote: »
    Please no.

We unfortunately are not allowed to talk about this for the vast majourity of the population that stand on the opposite side of this. Only a small niche is allowed to speak and the majourity is forced to be silent online (this is outside of the vast majourity that choose to be silent).

Also, mushroom game is technically a children's game.

Ain't no kids playing maplestory. This game is for nostalgic 30 year olds.

RedRaven wrote: »
    well 1 of you 2 should make female characters then

also your friend quitting for 1 of the worse reason possible :S

if you guys are still under 200 with your main just create a new char....you gonna need all classes to lvl 200 eventually

so ya just marry some alts if you guys want the small benefit from apq...not gonna be usefull untill your like mid-end game anyway....aka after building your legion power to at least 8500

My friend is gay accept it for what it is, I respect his decision to not play a game that does not respect him. And I am not gonna create a new character. I am in the late mid game. And he is in the early mid game.
    GMS does not provide gender swap potion like others so at least let gender not matter when you want to marry your hommie.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 23
    Create or marry a preexisting AB on both characters, you only get access to APQ which doesn't have to be done with your spouse, only requirement is a party full of "married" people.
    AB is a character you should already have anyway for the link skill. As for the issue of two same sex couples marrying in-game I'll say the same thing I say every time, stop making it a political issue, the best solution for this is to remove gender entirely from the game if it's not going to do anything except limit you from a handful of items anyway.
    TranquilCyndaquil
    edited June 24
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Create or marry a preexisting AB on both characters, you only get access to APQ which doesn't have to be done with your spouse, only requirement is a party full of "married" people.
    AB is a character you should already have anyway for the link skill. As for the issue of two same sex couples marrying in-game I'll say the same thing I say every time, stop making it a political issue, the best solution for this is to remove gender entirely from the game if it's not going to do anything except limit you from a handful of items anyway.

I did not know that the APQ required to just be married, I always thought that you had to do it with your spouse.
    But APQ was not really the reason for this post. Honestly I just wanted to marry my homie. And I agree about the gender thing. I wouldn't mind removing gender out of maplestory, especially if that would unlock the possibility of marrying my homie.

Do the dev's/ community managers even look here? not out of disrespect but just curious.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited June 24
    i have absolutly no care about someone orientation(not my business)..not sure which part of my post made you think i had an issue with it.....what i was saying is that he left for a bad reason(because can't marry 2 males characters)

also most games dont even cater to ppl orientation....let alone a marriage system which i think only maple story has..and maybe "the sims" ?....heck this game is like what 20 years old ?......while the devs could have update it since then.....they have no interest in doing such as it wont rly give them a worthwhile benefit...it wont pay off for them to cater to like 1 in 150-200 persons...they'd rather focus content that the mass will enjoy..thats how business work

heck even clothes are still gender tie after all this time...while womans wearing males clothes is quite accepted socially...a man wearing womans clothes not so much
    thats 1 restriction that never made sense to me but i ain't throwing a tantrum for that

btw you haven't state your legion level...having a single lvl 260 doesn't make you a mid-game player...your still a begginer if you only own 1 char....no offense dude

Link Skills and legion effects are rly important when your engaging bosses like Lucid and beyond otherwise your damage will be equalling 1 without a high IED %.....well technicly starting from Hard Magnus///Vellum onward to be more accurate)

total IED to gain from link and Legion
    Grid 40%
    Blaster 5-6%...6 if you can bother upping it to 250
    Lynn 5-6%.....6 if you can bother upping it to 250
    Luminous Link 20%
    Zero Link 10%
    Hoyoung Link 10%
    3X Exploroer Mages 9%
    Artifact System 20%

for a total of 119-121%

then there the other effects boost damage directly

so like it or not..your gonna need all classes to be at least level 200-210 if your ever hoping to do end game content

excpept for F/P mage which you can leave at lvl 120.....Phantom and Dark Knight can stay uncreated forever....these 3 have praticly useless link skills and legion effect
    F/P literaly worthless link and legion effect
    Phantom measly 5% mesos thats only worth having at 10k+ legion...and support like 2-4 classes with extremely low crit rate(Hayato for example)
    Dark Knight % HP only benefit Kanna, Demon Avenger and itself
    .....think i forgot maybe 1-3 classes which also have poor effect for both and not benefitting the whole acc
    edited June 25
    @RedRaven
    I said I was mid late game... I did not think I needed to state my stats. idk 8100+ legion, I'm clearing vhilla and building up to black mage. I don't want to be rude but I know my place in the game. I'm a causal man.

And I too am not throwing a tantrum. I don't care about what's socially acceptable, but my homie does and I just want to marry my homie, my main to his main. I honestly believe that it's not such a big development issue (but me saying that I know that the code is old and scary to change small things in I'm sure its possible and not that hard).
    I have to agree with yall who say removing the gender entirely from the game fixes many issues with using different items and marriage and all.

@Fuhreak kinda made me change my opinion. Instead of same sex marriage I want to delete genders. Dude is based.
  • MatarielMatariel
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited June 25
    Mabinogi allows gay marriage (since 2012), no reason for Maplestory to not. Game needs to get with the times.
    TranquilCyndaquil