[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Well Nexon told me to bring it in here!

AlexKarevAlexKarev
Reactions: 1,035
edited August 11 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There's a "major discrepancy" when it comes down to pay to win or free to play/only cosmetics. In my years of playing MapleStory there's been no real fix for this main issue at hand. Despite the loads of free stuff you got during these events and monthly giveaways some of us don't have that luxury. The damage cap needs to be adjusted or lower because the hard/chaos are impossible for me. I Finally got to story Gloom and I'm like there's my exit. I got no mechanics for this boss whatsoever, no blink, rope lift, stunned every 3 secs, vortex sucks me in(pots on CD). (AB lv245 1.5milldps. weak ofc)

Yet before anyone comes in here and says get good or other toxic slurs, doesn't matter how old you are there's always the strict limit you cannot get past

Comments

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited August 16
    Im sorry..... a story mode boss is your endgame? Like dang man. How low you want the cap to go? With event rings and cubes I defeated story gloom and vhilla no problem.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited August 19
    sir plz fix your post because its a huge mess

first of your mentionning 3 difficulty, Story,Hard, Chaos.........Hard dont exist for gloom just Story,Normal and Chaos, also which difficulty are you rly talking about ?

second, are you playing on Interactive or Heroic Worlds ?

third, as a reboot player i beat Story Gloom with about no more than 2k legion power, if thats too much for you as a reboot player idk what to tell you except what you dont want to hear(aka get good).... ya it was rly harsh without knowledge of his mechanics as first playtrough but not unbeatable....Verus Hilla is much worse as first time(only story mode boss that actually beat me once and almost twice without knowledge of her fight)

if your talking about the real gloom fight, i haven't done it yet, i haven't reach my desired amount of CP for it

and no its not a matter of pay to win on reboot, all my gear on reboot is non-bought so...thats definetly a you problem if your a reboot player

and finaly i'd like to note this: power up your legion levels !!!!!.....20% crit dmg, 40% ied, 40% boss dmg and extra crit% is nothing to think little of
    just unlocking the outter legion grids give you a major dps boost againts bosses that are ranked at C-Vellum or highter difficulties, not to mention
    each characters pieces which give a huge chunk of stats

with that out of the way how about telling us which class you play too ?....as far as i know Night Lord and Marksman are thrash for bossing UNTILL they lvl up their bossing fifth job skills to lvl 20....if you happen to be either of those 2 class then sorry but your going to suffer...idk if there more classes like that, that are reliant on their fifth job node big time, but those 2 classes are AND ARE NOT GOOD AS FIRST CLASS PICK(UNLESS......unless you hyper burn them which will give you a ton of trinod in the process which is going to fix their bossing dps issue) .....however you mentionned event stuff not helping you, idk what to tell you with all the nodestones they handed you from it...all of the nodestone acquire from it should of solve your problem normally if you had happen to be Night Lord or Marksman but seem thats not the case

so....plz put more information out so we can have a better idea of your standing and uhh, plz dont make a mess of your new post like the first if you want more appropriate replies