[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"Pass" pricing and frags drop rate is crazily bad

TFunkTFunk
Reactions: 700
edited September 10 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi Team & Fellow Maplers,

I appreciate the effort put into bringing Maple Kronos NA to life. I’ve personally loved this game since 2011, though I’ve only had the chance to enjoy its content in recent years.

Recently, there was an event where we could buy a "pass" for $49 each to claim extra rewards in addition to what we get from daily check-ins.

The issue here is the pricing. I think $50 for one pass is crazy excessive. Let me explain: in some places, like my country, that amount could cover a month’s worth of gas and breakfast—no joke. And $100 is roughly one-third of most people's monthly salary here.

I believe we should reconsider the sales strategy. I work in the tech industry for a large company, and I'm very familiar with the strategy of lowering unit prices to increase sales volume, which ultimately generates more revenue. Of course, I understand that the final decision is based on your data (for example, if only 1% of players are from countries like mine, and the remaining 99% are willing to pay the current price, then my opinion might be irrelevant). However, I’ve asked players in my guild and around me about this, and even though we're from different parts of the world, we all agree that a price of around $15–20 each would be much more reasonable, especially considering the rewards are mostly EXP.

Another thing I’d like to point out is the current fragment drop rate—it’s INSANE! Sometimes, after 30 minutes of farming, I get only two fragments. To make real progress in the game, I’d need to play full-time like some of my guildmates, who do 5-6 WAPs per day, equating to 10-12 hours of playtime. While they can do that, most of us simply CAN NOT. Over time, this leads to an unhealthy desire to spend more time gaming, leaving less for work, study, family, and other responsibilities. From a social ethics standpoint, I’d personally prefer people to spend more time working and earning money, then use that money to support the game, rather than devoting endless hours just to stay competitive.

What you’ve achieved so far is amazing. People are playing and spending time on the platform daily, with a high return rate, and the content is incredibly entertaining. I genuinely appreciate all the work that’s gone into this, and I understand that every decision starts with data analysis. But... come on...

Thanks & Best Regards,

Tung Phan
  1. Agree on my points1 vote
    1. YES
       100% (1 vote)
    2. NO
       0% (0 votes)