[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why is there no Pirate Hero class?

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    while shade falls under the pirate class equipment wise, he's technically a soul bender.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

Bruise
    Bruise said:

Honestly though, Shade seems more like the Shaman King than a pirate. haha
    and if I'm being completely honest, I don't really thing pirate even fit in maple anyway.
    They don't. The game was designed around 4 class archetypes, and pirates were never fully developed as an independent archetype (even though when they were introduced they were more unique than they are now). They were just some good parts of other job archetypes mashed together with a shiny new mechanic
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger
    They don't. The game was designed around 4 class archetypes, and pirates were never fully developed as an independent archetype (even though when they were introduced they were more unique than they are now). They were just some good parts of other job archetypes mashed together with a shiny new mechanic

they do fit in maplestory period...
    pirates were never "unique" to begin with {sadly} unless being a mix of the previous classes counts at least for the first job advancement
    even after the massive changes pirates ended up losing a most of the "shiny" things thats for sure
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

@PhoenixKumo - I don't know who that is, and I've played all of the heroes. Are you sure you aren't making him up?
    No, I'm not making him up. Y'know he's that one guy who um... wait. Who're we talking about again?
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

gamechanger

they do fit in maplestory period...
    pirates were never "unique" to begin with {sadly} unless being a mix of the previous classes counts at least for the first job advancement
    even after the massive changes pirates ended up losing a most of the "shiny" things thats for sure
    Maybe that's why I was never really interested in the pirates from the get-go. They're a mashup of a lot of things that already existed.