[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory 2

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited November 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Why is there no Global version yet? o.o

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Because it's doing very poorly in Korea.

I think a Chinese version is supposed to be coming out soon. If that does well, then maybe they'll try to push on into the English-speaking world.
    Lilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I think a Chinese version is supposed to be coming out soon. If that does well, then maybe they'll try to push on into the English-speaking world.
    Really? I don't keep up with it but I figured it wouldn't last too long. I am a bit disappointed as it looked extremely promising. Its biggest problem, in my eyes, was that it was almost entirely focused on cosmetics which meant it didn't have nearly enough content to justify playing it for any extended period of time (ie a year or longer). Some people had assured me that they had been getting sizeable updates, but ever since Max stopped covering them on his blog I haven't been able to check as to whether that was true or not
    Lilyflower
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

No it's not lol the Korean version is packed out whenever I log in. Going on your question Xenon I think it's because they are probably putting resources in on Lawbreakers for now. Plus even if they did decide to bring it over localization would take awhile.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Really? I don't keep up with it but I figured it wouldn't last too long. I am a bit disappointed as it looked extremely promising. Its biggest problem, in my eyes, was that it was almost entirely focused on cosmetics which meant it didn't have nearly enough content to justify playing it for any extended period of time (ie a year or longer). Some people had assured me that they had been getting sizeable updates, but ever since Max stopped covering them on his blog I haven't been able to check as to whether that was true or not
    it's doing fine actually, the server is pretty populated as I can always find groups of people playing even during not peak hours, and when you can constantly see people playing when there are 200 channels to choose from that says something.

also I can fill in patch info, Max quit doing MS2 cause he doent find it as interesting as MS

for example in KMS2 over the summer, when KMS was getting the V patches, KMS2 was getting a level extention to lvl 99, a new boss, 2 new classes, a new area, and some new PvP stuff along with some system changes and events
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

it's doing fine actually, the server is pretty populated as I can always find groups of people playing even during not peak hours, and when you can constantly see people playing when there are 200 channels to choose from that says something.

also I can fill in patch info, Max quit doing MS2 cause he doent find it as interesting as MS

for example in KMS2 over the summer, when KMS was getting the V patches, KMS2 was getting a level extention to lvl 99, a new boss, 2 new classes, a new area, and some new PvP stuff along with some system changes and events
    Interesting.
    Lilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said: