[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"You cannot use this name. Please try another."

PoofcakesPoofcakes
Reactions: 500
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
I'm having some issues with creating new character names on the European server. They aren't taken, because it does't give me the "The name is already in use." error.

For example, I try "Poofcakes", I get this error after selecting the key settings:

But it works fine when I try "poofcakes". Now when I try Poofcakes again making another character, I do get the "The name is already in use." error, as now the name is taken by me, just not capitalised.

This happen with a lot of names. Why is this happening? I want my name to be capitalised. ;_;

Comments

• AsuzahAsuzah
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    I have the same issue.. When using the capital first letter, it says "you cannot use this name". This does not mean the name was taken, because if it was, it would say "this name is already in use".

It only let's me use these names when I write them in all lowercases. But if I turn the first letter into a capital it just won't let me. So far I only have 1 character name that somehow let me use a capital first letter.

It's really really weird =/ For now I will just "save" the lowercase versions of the names I want just so I dont lose them, but i would really like to see this changed :(
  • AsuzahAsuzah
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Nobody else having this problem? =/
  • HolHol
    Reactions: 930
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, I am. There's another thread about this here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/13125/#Comment_13125