[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anti hack police

YonaxYonax
Reactions: 3,016
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Rants and Raves
Why do we have an anti hack police system. The system is broken beyond imagination. If you have a fast hitting class like Kanna, Phantom or other job you're very likely to dc with it by how the class is supposed to play cause the server can't handle the amount of hits per sec.

Can this be fixed already, there is no reason to dc players for something which is not their fault but is clearly a game issue.

Especially happens in Commerci voyages!!!
  1. There is no use for the anti hack police19 votes
    1. Agree, bad design system for security
       79% (15 votes)
    2. I like the system
       5% (1 vote)
    3. Other...
       16% (3 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Right now there's a bug that has nothing to do with the speed of your attack.

Rather, it's a combination of having a skill that reflects damage back at the enemy (Foxfire for Kanna or Rage for Phantom) and a "% chance to ignore X damage" potential line on your gear.
    If you take off the gear with those lines, or don't use the reflecting skill (easier for Phantom, a bit challenging for Kanna), you won't get the "disconnected for the HACK reason" except in situations of extreme lag.
    Lilyflower
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    It's impossible to not use Foxfire, since it's combined with your Haku's Blessing. Absolutely a must for Kanna to do any decent damage.

Got those lines on my bottom and cape, but I don't wanna recube it for a bug.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

It's impossible to not use Foxfire, since it's combined with your Haku's Blessing. Absolutely a must for Kanna to do any decent damage.

Got those lines on my bottom and cape, but I don't wanna recube it for a bug.
    So unequip them until the bug is fixed.

Obviously it's Nexon's job to fix bugs, but since we know how quickly they (don't) do that, we try to figure out workarounds.
    Up to you whether you want to use them or not.
    Lilyflower
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    akradian
    Obviously it's Nexon's job to fix bugs, but since we know how quickly they (don't) do that, we try to figure out workarounds.

wow soo helpfull...not

Yonax
    well my suggestion its that you should submit a ticket to the support and ask for a fix also if you can be really clear and specific with the issues
    helps a lot recordings do help but if you cant use screenshots
    be patient since they have a missive pile of work yet to do right now
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

akradian

wow soo helpfull...not

Yonax
    well my suggestion its that you should submit a ticket to the support and ask for a fix also if you can be really clear and specific with the issues
    helps a lot recordings do help but if you cant use screenshots
    be patient since they have a missive pile of work yet to do right now
    There's already a bug reporting thread with video.
    Meanwhile what do you suggest Yonax do, since you consider my advice unhelpful?
    "be patient" is very nice but what does it mean? Continue playing as normal and disconnect for the hack reason constantly?
    Lilyflower
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    akradian
    There's already a bug reporting thread with video.
    since when they push issues just because theres 1 thread about it? i might be wrong about this
    but if more people submit about one issue they will get the attention sooner than later right? i hope...

Meanwhile what do you suggest Yonax do, since you consider my advice unhelpful?
    "be patient" is very nice but what does it mean? Continue playing as normal and disconnect for the hack reason constantly?

of course unless you know another way to gather evidence and report the issues yourself
    you dont know the meaning of "be patient"? google it should be enough

• YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I don't get it really at bosses, except commerci and when i'm grinding in like deck 1 and damien top maps so far.
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited November 2016
    I was in Maze 5 earlier today, trying to collect rice flour from events. I was dced twice within 5 mins by hack police.

I've so many same experience from past with kanna, i started to feel Kanna is being bullied by nexon :(
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    Really the anti-hack mechanism was useful years ago when people actually had the initiative to hack in boss fights like magnus particularly, affecting kannas should be fixed soon enough but I wish they'd redo the whole anti-hack mechanism for things like such i've been getting that error for years simply for over-lagging or looting too much
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    The idea behind the anti hack police is a good one, but the implementation is seriously flawed. It fails to catch many botters and hacker, and has an alarmingly high rate of false positives. Even though these almost never result in anything other than a DC, its still far too high for a system that is integrated with the game.

It needs to be looked at and redone in my opinion
    Kylehell007LilyflowerPhantomMasterThief
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Tested it and hasn't been fixed after maintenance, I still keep dc-ing from it!
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited November 2016
    I just got disconnected by the hacking police during 2x training, while me talking to my friend = =
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    ANTI POLICE RIOT :O!!!!!
    Lilyflower