[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

'Maplestory has stopped working' after PIN

WhutWhut
Reactions: 745
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
EDIT: Found out that I am able to log into other characters. Only my characters who are currently in Ereve can't log in. Someone else also experienced this issue now.

Hey there,

Since the migration, I've been having no problems getting into the game. However, Now I just woke up trying to start up Maplestory, and after entering my PIN I get a black screen followed by the error message 'Maplestory has stopped working'. Last night I was able to play without any issues.

I have tried to repair my installation and I've completely re-installed Maplestory, but unfortunately it did not work.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• TeriuchiTeriuchi
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Yup, I got the same stuff. My shadower got stuck to Ereve when I picked up Root Abyss quest and exited the map to the left (Hall of Fame?).
    I'd be very much interested in seeing what happens if my toon was ported to, say, Henesys instead of "Hey, we don't have a fix, please wait patiently while your double exp coupon you bought runs dry."
  • WhutWhut
    edited November 2016
    Teriuchi
    Teriuchi said:

Yup, I got the same stuff. My shadower got stuck to Ereve when I picked up Root Abyss quest and exited the map to the left (Hall of Fame?).
    I'd be very much interested in seeing what happens if my toon was ported to, say, Henesys instead of "Hey, we don't have a fix, please wait patiently while your double exp coupon you bought runs dry."
    Yep, exact same story here. Exited Root Abyss to Ereve and then proceeded to go left to either the Hall of Fame or the town when my game crashed. And now my 1-day 2x exp coupon has already ran dry :^).

• TeriuchiTeriuchi
    edited November 2016
    Well, they did give me today morning local time a ticket answer that said they wont have any compansations to give and no ETA for when this is fixed. Radio silence after that.
    Feels like a huge middle finger to me.
  • WhutWhut
    edited November 2016
    Wouldn't be the first time getting 'scammed' like this by Nexon..
  • TeriuchiTeriuchi
    edited November 2016
    Sadly so.
    The game itself is entertaining but things like this remind me why I play this game only on and off instead of all the time. I've seen many other companies react way faster to similar issues. *Sigh*
  • PadovaniPadovani
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    you got the problem fixed ? how ?
  • TeriuchiTeriuchi
    edited November 2016
    I wish it was fixed. 9 hours later nothing.
  • WhutWhut
    edited November 2016
    Just received a reply to the ticket I sent to Nexon:

"I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to login to your character. I went ahead and requested for your character to be moved to a different map. I suggest that you refrain from going to Ereve at this time. Also, please be advised that we would be unable to transfer your account to a different map while you are still online. I suggest that you take a break from playing MapleStory for 2-3 days so that we would be able to transfer your character.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to refund the EXP coupon that you purchased. As a fellow player, I understand your frustration. :("

Glad that Nexon finally responded. But unfortunately it's going to take another 2-3 days, at least for me. But I've seen lots of others having the same issue, so I can understand that it might take a little bit of time. Anyhow, hopefully Nexon can solve this issue (so that you don't get stuck in Ereve to begin with) in the next weekly maintenance. Also a bummer that Nexon is unable to refund my EXP coupon, they definitely should if it's their fault, which it is. Oh well..
  • TeriuchiTeriuchi
    edited November 2016
    My 2nd response to the same ticket was basically the same as first one: "We don't know when we can fix this but please be patient".
    I dunno why it is so hard to port people out of a map. Similar issues in other games take like 30 minutes to fix.