[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory Launcher Bug

TaoSinTaoSin
Reactions: 730
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
Hello guys. Here i come with a weird issue. My Game isnt launching at all. When i click Play , pops up Maplestory.exe in task manneger, it shows me little nexon security window on bottom-right side of window and then notthing happens. To be honest ive tryed all the options around web, and no results.
Things that ive tried:
-Adding all Nexon's .exe files to Exceptions in Firewall/Windiows Defender
-Closing Firewall/Antivirus
-Run as Administrator or every compatibility ways (im running win10)
-Clean Boot
-Update all drivers
-Run from a new windows user
-Formated HDD and installed win7 with all drivers
-I have 2 Video adapters (AMD Radeon R5 M330 and Intel HD Graphics 520 Both last drivers installed ) Closing and tried just 1 at time.
-Last windows updates
-CClean all junk/cookies
-Run from GameLauncher.exe or Steam (All as Admin/compatibility modes)
-Installed all Microsoft Runtimes/Latest NetFramework and other versions 1 by 1
-Uninstall all maplestory files + deleted from RegEdit and installed again
-Remote help from 2 Microsoft Moderators ( they had no clue how to fix it)
-Installed to other partition
-Sent ticket

Any other ideas?

Comments

• TaoSinTaoSin
    edited November 2016
    Bumps :c no one?
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited November 2016
    Where are the moderators right now?
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited November 2016
    bumps
  • Dr_Turtles05Dr_Turtles05
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Bro I waited for weeks yet no one answered me I know how you feel.
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited November 2016
    Dr_Turtles05

Bro I waited for weeks yet no one answered me I know how you feel.
    Damn wonder when they gonna fix that...
  • luminous18luminous18
    Reactions: 330
    edited November 2016
    The same has happened to me. I sent a ticket and got a response buts its the same thing. Uninstalll and reinstall, repair installation. If they don't work then I don't know what to tell you.
  • FritinhoFritinho
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    I just tried to start today, but it seems that this problem has been here for a while, I'll wait for some time, but if they don't fix that, I ain't playing at all
  • Dr_Turtles05Dr_Turtles05
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Its been 9 days now I think... Still no progress... Come on men
  • TAKaiserTAKaiser
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    i believe this is a problem to do with the new Client. If you're from European servers - the client wasn't a thing over there. So theres no known fix's for any Europeans because we just had the Game Launcher.

It is a known bug throughout the forums - Clicking play, the 'Nexon Security' icon comes up in the bottom corner and then nothing - The game refuses to load itself up.
    If you have tried all you have said - Reinstalling, Runninng from Admin, firewall blocker, there IS another way that someone had to do. It was something to do about their connection (It wasn't that they had bad connection, but it was something to do with their internet connection not loading through the game FROM the launcher). I'll look it up for you and find it.
    TaoSin
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited December 2016
    TAKaiser
    TAKaiser said:

i believe this is a problem to do with the new Client. If you're from European servers - the client wasn't a thing over there. So theres no known fix's for any Europeans because we just had the Game Launcher.

It is a known bug throughout the forums - Clicking play, the 'Nexon Security' icon comes up in the bottom corner and then nothing - The game refuses to load itself up.
    If you have tried all you have said - Reinstalling, Runninng from Admin, firewall blocker, there IS another way that someone had to do. It was something to do about their connection (It wasn't that they had bad connection, but it was something to do with their internet connection not loading through the game FROM the launcher). I'll look it up for you and find it.
    thay may be useful so please

• Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    turn your antivirus off and firewall down
    TaoSin
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

turn your antivirus off and firewall down
    alredy did , no results
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited December 2016
    Still no1 fixed this one yet??
  • DaizoDaizo
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    TAKaiser
    TAKaiser said:

I believe you might be right, before the update, I had no problems at all, until the update. Instead, I was able to get into the game quite fine and select my character, but after a minute, my game crashes and tells me NGS hacking detected, even though I clearly wasn't. I checked for everything, and I concluded it to be instead the actual update itself, along with the client.
    TaoSin
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited December 2016
    Still no fix?
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited December 2016
    i have a probelm with their launcher also. im running Windoes 10 Home , and i downloaded it, installed in, logged on, and downloaded Maplestory like usual....
    the probelm is this. when u click to get that launcher started, and it shows up on your taskbar. but wont open the window itself. like its stuck there closed in the taskbar or something.... and there is no Compatiblity for windows 10 in the Nexon Launcher in the tab Compatiblity. i thought these guys updated the launcher to work properly by now for Windows 10 but guess not. :/ honestly u Devs or tech guys need to learn how to make a better running launcher for your mulitple games... unstalling and reinstalling it is getting old. they need to do some serious fixing on this issue. its been happening to me for about a year now..
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    "
    Traveler5577

i have a probelm with their launcher also. im running Windoes 10 Home , and i downloaded it, installed in, logged on, and downloaded Maplestory like usual....
    the probelm is this. when u click to get that launcher started, and it shows up on your taskbar. but wont open the window itself. like its stuck there closed in the taskbar or something.... and there is no Compatiblity for windows 10 in the Nexon Launcher in the tab Compatiblity. i thought these guys updated the launcher to work properly by now for Windows 10 but guess not. :/ honestly u Devs or tech guys need to learn how to make a better running launcher for your mulitple games... unstalling and reinstalling it is getting old. they need to do some serious fixing on this issue. its been happening to me for about a year now..
    "

I have this problem too, I searched for a solution and found it.
    Don't launch maplestory through the launcher, instead go to your maplestory folder and click in the maplestory.exe .
    In this way you don't need the launcher

• AgustinAgustin
    Reactions: 700
    edited January 2017
    Still stuck with the issue of nexon game security appearing and nothing happening after. I've tried everything, disabling firewall and antiviruses, running as admin, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, restarting my computer, even transferring the files from a computer where Maplestory did work. Any other "fixes"?
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    edited January 2017
    Any fix yet? Please :c