[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DCing wouldn't be so bad if...

ValryiaValryia
Reactions: 990
edited November 2016 in General Chat
... we wouldn't be kicked out of the game entirely, only out to the server screen. Instead we have to restart the entire game, which - for me - takes about one and a half minutes.
*shrug* Atleast it takes less then in EMS, where you would have to put in your password - twice - each and every single time.

Comments

• AnonimousPLayerAnonimousPLayer
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2016
    a minute and a half? please my game takes 4-5 minutes to load.... try complaining now..
  • ValryiaValryia
    edited November 2016
    And another MMO i play takes half a minute - two seconds if i login back from the server select screen of that game. Look, we both want better gamefeel, ok?

It seems to be more because of my WLAN after some research, though.
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited November 2016
    It used to be A LOT worse than it is now. I can recall a point in time where it took my game upwards of 10 minutes to fully load itself.

The only reason the game really closes itself is if it encounters some error or glitch that the client doesn't like, so it force closes itself because it doesn't know what to do.

Not every time you disconnect does it close the game entirely, sometimes it'll bring you back to the login screen (or the server select screen if you log in through the website). But I've found 9 times out of 10 that upon logging back in after that happens, the game ends up crashing anyway. That's been a bug for a really long time.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    There isn't one day that I don't have maple client to crash at least once and 50% of the times it is even before I login... sight. Some of my friends refuse to play this because of the crappy client.
  • NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I kind of feel you. I hate crashing. And restarting the game takes ages and if it happens more than twice I even wonder if I should try again >.> It's so demotivating.
  • ValryiaValryia
    edited November 2016
    In the last three hours i dced 11 times, two of which sent me to the serve screen.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    I've started to lag a bit after the v.177 Patch. But crashing has always been something here for awhile. I can only hope it gets better and not worse in the near future, especially with a major patch like V.