[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Controller Support.

LilyPandaLilyPanda
Reactions: 1,110
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi everyone c:

I'm here to suggest a little, but useful thing that we have yet to see a proper solution - idea on. What i'm going to suggest is the controller support being revamped and made more user friendly. As currently, it limits you to certains keys. that you mostlikely already bound to something else on your keyboard. So it would be inefficient having to change your keys everytime, you want to use controller over keyboard and viceversa.

I talked to a GM about using keysticks (essentially allows you to rebind your own keys to controller, from windows and not the game). But was advised not to use it, as it is a 3rd party program (yet something completely safe, but cheating security you know.. they are touchy and will slap you.. probably..)

So was told to suggest it here, as we need a better solution on the controller part. Either allow us to use KeySticks (or other programs that allows us to do this) or revamp the controller setup to be more player friendly ingame. So we can atleast do something like "Keyboard key A, should be on controller key X" and so on.

I for one. Would love to snuggle in my bed, with a controller to play the game. As we know the cold times is ahead and we would mostlikely want to stay warm and safe from the cold.

So what is your throught on this?.

~ Lily

Comments

• NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited November 2016
    I agree on this, I use a padded controller for hand comfort, as I battle with carpel tunnel. And we really do need more controller support, especially with some classes 'IE Kanna' can't be played properly since skills don't activate properly when used with a controller either.
    LilyPanda
  • LilyPandaLilyPanda
    edited November 2016
    Well another thing is that when you play for like hours. for instance, it would be great to have a way to change things up (whitout having to redo all your keys to fit the ingame way to do the settings). so you can use controller midway due to god knows why reason (i know my pinky and ring finger goes numb quite often for instance and would therefor help with a change of phase.)
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    I don't think the 3rd party thing in would be a good idea because macros could be exploited easier, but making a better adapter for controllers would be cool. Heck I didn't even know there was support for a controller.
  • LilyPandaLilyPanda
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

I don't think the 3rd party thing in would be a good idea because macros could be exploited easier, but making a better adapter for controllers would be cool. Heck I didn't even know there was support for a controller.
    well it was purely an idea - example to a degree.. seeing as KeySticks allows you to 100% customise your keys for your controller. weither it's a 1 press 1 time usage or hold down for continueing usage (refering to corsairs rapidfire and such).

as for the ingame 1, it's probably decent. but my beef with it, is that it forces you to literally re-arrange your keys, every time you have to change between keyboard or controller... if that wasn't the case, i wouldn't be here. but currently, it just looks like a poor excuse of a solution in a sense..

Well. i just know my left hand would have alot more joy in playing this game, if it was enhanced and more costumiseable. as currently i get numb pink and ring finger <.<.. (the joy of the human body. it knows how to annoy you the most) and seeing as the ingame way of playing atm. is kinda forcing you to use left hand for skills - buffs and such. while right hand is purely moving and occasionally other skills. it would be great to change it up, so left hand could relax a little more and right hand could be overworked for once c:

(sorry for the long message <.<)

~Lily
    AkihikoT_