[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Three short questions about Bots

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

forumsareannoying

Welcome to GMS. Where nexon allows hackers to continue making new accounts to stimulate the economy(i.e. Farming items that players need from elite boxes, crafting materials, and even cubes). We will ALWAYS have hackers. They will NEVER go away. And there's NOTHING you can do about it. So either stop playing or get used to it. Nexon simply doesn't give that much of a crap.
    Yeah so true and when ever we post the names of the hackers they just remove it and saying go to customer support lol and also saying to the legit players get used to it whether u like it or not.

Like they're going to allow public naming and shaming after an investigation concluded that the evidence provided was "ultimately faked". Being called out a hacker when you're not is a literal pain to deal with because even though you may he proved innocent, slander will always unfairly ruin a persons reputation because not everyone is going to fact check or care about the truth. Most will be "oh he's an alleged hacker".

I get use to the bots running around having no place to train and I get used to being called a so-called "hacker" in the process of doing anything in Maple or Forum related.

Bots can be created in the thousands. GMs and Customer Support can only do so much. There needs to be more measures into getting hacks patched instead of anti-hack measures. That's my stance on this issue.
    ValryiaLilyflower
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited November 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Lilyflower

forumsareannoying

Welcome to GMS. Where nexon allows hackers to continue making new accounts to stimulate the economy(i.e. Farming items that players need from elite boxes, crafting materials, and even cubes). We will ALWAYS have hackers. They will NEVER go away. And there's NOTHING you can do about it. So either stop playing or get used to it. Nexon simply doesn't give that much of a crap.
    Yeah so true and when ever we post the names of the hackers they just remove it and saying go to customer support lol and also saying to the legit players get used to it whether u like it or not.

Like they're going to allow public naming and shaming after an investigation concluded that the evidence provided was "ultimately faked". Being called out a hacker when you're not is a literal pain to deal with because even though you may he proved innocent, slander will always unfairly ruin a persons reputation because not everyone is going to fact check or care about the truth. Most will be "oh he's an alleged hacker".

I get use to the bots running around having no place to train and I get used to being called a so-called "hacker" in the process of doing anything in Maple or Forum related.

Bots can be created in the thousands. GMs and Customer Support can only do so much. There needs to be more measures into getting hacks patched instead of anti-hack measures. That's my stance on this issue.
    The thing is if they ban someone they will never admit that they were wrong even if there is no proof. They may move a perm to temp ban and say we will give you another chance because they feel sorry. But reality is they don't have to listen to us it just a few complaining while they make millions.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    HeinekenHero

Its2Sharp4U

Lilyflower

forumsareannoying

The thing is if they ban someone they will never admit that they were wrong even if there is no proof. They may move a perm to temp ban and say we will give you another chance because they feel sorry. But reality is they don't have to listen to us it just a few complaining while they make millions.
    The reality is that if they start telling people "you were banned for this, because we checked for this this and this", then the people who make the crap these botters are using will just work a method of avoiding those checks into their crap.