[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disable elite boss system

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    I don't know about this whole loot roll system, it seems complicated and this community is way too greedy for it to work imo
    Aggraphine

ZephyrusSpring

I have to admit the elite boss system isn't well thought out. It promotes and rewards grinding in the same map for ages and we all know that, that's exactly what botters do. Not to mention all the curfuffle its caused with high level players sniping the boss away from the person who actually summoned it.

I think it'd be pretty cool if elite boss spawns (elite monsters stay as is) were tied to sudden missions. Say after completing three an elite boss would spawn the next time you enter a map with monsters around your level. Or it could spawn right then and there when you complete your rd mission, but it should scale to your level appropriately. Obviously the "kill an elite boss" mission would need to be removed. Something like that would make it much more difficult for botters while still keeping the spawn rate somewhat low and not making it overly tedious. We'll lose the elite boss spawn chain that often happens in theme dungeons however.
    The only thing they need to do is reinstate level range restrictions. It used to be that you got the gold(purple? whatever) boxes from the bonus stage, which you could not participate in if you were beyond the level range of the map. Then they, for whatever stupid reason, changed it so that anyone who hits the boss at least once is guaranteed at least one box. Which promptly shot, straight to hell, the notion of restricting things to the level range of a map.

It needs to go back to that system. If you cannot spawn elite monsters on your own in a map, you should not be getting the rewards from killing an elite boss.

By the way, in regards to the rest of you in this thread, potential is not going anywhere. Regardless of whether you like it or not, or what you feel about it, it is simply not being removed. It would do significantly more damage to the game to have the system that people have sunk literally thousands of dollars into be up and removed from the game than to leave it in.

Would you keep playing if the feature you've spent a good $5000 on over the course of three or four years was suddenly removed with no offer of compensation. No, you wouldn't. And neither would the people who have spent mass amounts of money on potential. And if you think the game is dead now, just think of how dead it would be if everyone who has spent money on cubes or anything relating to potential up and quit en masse because the system was removed.
    Honestly a better fix for elite bosses is to make anyone outside their level ranges always MISS the boss. Even if they couldn't get boxes from it, some of them would still go around griefing players by one shotting the boss so no one could get a box. By forcing all of their attacks to MISS, this completely eliminates any sort of interference from higher level players.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to removing the entire system. Its most common defense is that it provides a source of CSS into the economy. Guess who is supplying most of those CSS? Botters. Plain and simple. If the game was chaned so that botters couldn't get CSS (either through removing elite bosses, or more preferably through much stronger anti bot measures), then Nexon would be free to give us much more free access to them without the chance of botters flooding the market with hundreds of thousands of the things. As it stands now, with 15% spell traces having such a low pass rate, and CSS only having 10% pass rate outside of a few rare 20% scrolls, its actually nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, to fully scroll even your weapon without using CSS generated by botters. That needs to be addressed by Nexon. It really does.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    elite bosses = mesosss
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    No, that is all that needs to be said.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

elite bosses = mesosss
    also epots, cubes...and free Utgards at the right level
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

The only thing they need to do is reinstate level range restrictions. It used to be that you got the gold(purple? whatever) boxes from the bonus stage, which you could not participate in if you were beyond the level range of the map. Then they, for whatever stupid reason, changed it so that anyone who hits the boss at least once is guaranteed at least one box. Which promptly shot, straight to hell, the notion of restricting things to the level range of a map.

It needs to go back to that system. If you cannot spawn elite monsters on your own in a map, you should not be getting the rewards from killing an elite boss.

By the way, in regards to the rest of you in this thread, potential is not going anywhere. Regardless of whether you like it or not, or what you feel about it, it is simply not being removed. It would do significantly more damage to the game to have the system that people have sunk literally thousands of dollars into be up and removed from the game than to leave it in.

Would you keep playing if the feature you've spent a good $5000 on over the course of three or four years was suddenly removed with no offer of compensation. No, you wouldn't. And neither would the people who have spent mass amounts of money on potential. And if you think the game is dead now, just think of how dead it would be if everyone who has spent money on cubes or anything relating to potential up and quit en masse because the system was removed.
    uh, no. What about the people who come into a lower level map to kill an elite boss because a lower level person is asking for help. Should they be screwed out of the reward they earned by going in and saving the lowbies rear end?
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

uh, no. What about the people who come into a lower level map to kill an elite boss because a lower level person is asking for help. Should they be screwed out of the reward they earned by going in and saving the lowbies rear end?
    And what about the vultures that camp popular maps like Silent Swamp? Let me tell you, it's rather annoying to deal with bored high levels when you're trying to get an Elite to spawn. I have had to change maps many times to avoid the utter crap-chute of elite-leeches when one happens to see the map go Dark. Moreover, that issue of taking on the Elite with others is still possible- just get like-leveled people into it.

gamechangerHiero
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    MakazeKiba

Diannika
    Diannika said:

And what about the vultures that camp popular maps like Silent Swamp? Let me tell you, it's rather annoying to deal with bored high levels when you're trying to get an Elite to spawn. I have had to change maps many times to avoid the utter crap-chute of elite-leeches when one happens to see the map go Dark. Moreover, that issue of taking on the Elite with others is still possible- just get like-leveled people into it.

This guy gets it!
    gamechanger
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

i mean your pretty dumb are u not? u want to remove one of the best features ever?
    You think the elite bosses are one of the best features? A feature that not only was severely nerfed but also attracts tons of farming bots? Hmm...
    gamechanger
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

MakazeKiba

Diannika
    Diannika said:

This guy gets it!
    But that doesn't make all of us bad for wanting to help out our nubly friends...I've had times where I can't handle an elite in say, the level 60 range...so I ask my guild for help, and we still get goodies and things...
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Aggraphine

MakazeKiba

Diannika
    Diannika said:

This guy gets it!
    But that doesn't make all of us bad for wanting to help out our nubly friends...I've had times where I can't handle an elite in say, the level 60 range...so I ask my guild for help, and we still get goodies and things...
    That means that bosses in that level range are a bit overtuned (and in general elite bosses at lower levels are overtuned, or were last time I leveled a new character at any rate). Fixing them by bringing them in line with the abilities of a typical level 60 character would solve the problem better. @Diannika, see my response here to your concern.

Best thing to do for Elite bosses is to change them so you can't even hit them if you are't in the level range (either make them hit 1s or make them all MISS). If bosses are too hard at lower levels, then it means they need to be tuned back. You shouldn't need a higher level players' help fighting a random spawn, which is all that elite bosses are really
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

<
    A party of Lv. 60's could take an Elite boss around their level with ease. Not too hard to ask for help from like-level people, is it? Moreover, your guild should support you, yes, but it shouldn't be chiefly for a reward. They should help to help. If they want elite drops so damn much, then they should hunt for it like the rest of us. Not camp maps.

• DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    Maybe a compromise would be they fix the lower level elite bosses, so a couple-afew of the middle of the pack in that level range can fight it off together. Only allow anyone out of level range to be able to hit it and get rewards IF they are partied with someone in the level range who also did damage. That way if someone cant find ppl their level to do it with, or only lower end of that level is around (Weaker characters that is) people can still call in higher level friends for an assist, and get rewards, but people cant swoop in and steal it if they are out of level range (or, cant without a lot more hassle anyway)
  • HieroHiero
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    or make them just drop loot the first 3-4 kills/day. seeing stores full with stacks of epots, css, cubics are just silly.
    and limit account creation while they have this massive(?) problem with botters
    i really like the elite system, but the abusers aint hunted/punished so best is to limit the way to abuse it.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

I don't know about this whole loot roll system, it seems complicated and this community is way too greedy for it to work imo
    Aggraphine

ZephyrusSpring

I have to admit the elite boss system isn't well thought out. It promotes and rewards grinding in the same map for ages and we all know that, that's exactly what botters do. Not to mention all the curfuffle its caused with high level players sniping the boss away from the person who actually summoned it.

I think it'd be pretty cool if elite boss spawns (elite monsters stay as is) were tied to sudden missions. Say after completing three an elite boss would spawn the next time you enter a map with monsters around your level. Or it could spawn right then and there when you complete your rd mission, but it should scale to your level appropriately. Obviously the "kill an elite boss" mission would need to be removed. Something like that would make it much more difficult for botters while still keeping the spawn rate somewhat low and not making it overly tedious. We'll lose the elite boss spawn chain that often happens in theme dungeons however.

Honestly a better fix for elite bosses is to make anyone outside their level ranges always MISS the boss. Even if they couldn't get boxes from it, some of them would still go around griefing players by one shotting the boss so no one could get a box. By forcing all of their attacks to MISS, this completely eliminates any sort of interference from higher level players.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to removing the entire system. Its most common defense is that it provides a source of CSS into the economy. Guess who is supplying most of those CSS? Botters. Plain and simple. If the game was chaned so that botters couldn't get CSS (either through removing elite bosses, or more preferably through much stronger anti bot measures), then Nexon would be free to give us much more free access to them without the chance of botters flooding the market with hundreds of thousands of the things. As it stands now, with 15% spell traces having such a low pass rate, and CSS only having 10% pass rate outside of a few rare 20% scrolls, its actually nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, to fully scroll even your weapon without using CSS generated by botters. That needs to be addressed by Nexon. It really does.
    I am not opposed to removing Elite Boss system, but ONLY IF we can transfer the rewards to normal bosses and PLZ... Add regular potential stamps x.x Like Silver Potential Stamp from normal boss.

Another suggestion here, if we can't remove Elite Boss system, we can still transfer current rewards to other bosses and replace these by a lot of mesos and EXP upon defeating Elite Boss, probably Honor EXP and *untradeable* potential scrolls, like Epic and very low %chance unique potential scroll if lucky. Even Bonus Potential Scrolls.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    lame suggestion... why to ruin a good way for free players to get: clean slate scrolls, cubes, chaos scrolls, epic potential scrolls and protection scroll just because you mad you can't sell it for high in free market? there other ways like getting a superior gollux pendant, and use elite bosses rewards to make it better and sell it for high.

Hackers and botters ruin this game in many ways and removing stuff wont make it better, like they selling mesos for dollars in a low rate which cause prices in free market to go up to a ridiculously expensive amount of mesos.

Nexon NA should fix their Hacking Shield and add MORE GM! also they need to add GM from europe to GMS in order to check In-game report system 24/7.