[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

whats the best way to download and install maple?

lookingforXlookingforX
Reactions: 700
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
I've been trying to download and install maple for two days now (after latest maintenance/update). I keep getting the 40 error message after i download and start installing when I download the game client (MSSetupv177.exe) in maple customer support center. I tried everything they said to do If i get the 40 error message when downloading and installing except (Troubleshooting with MSconfig) which information can not be accessed by the site . they say that the files are corrupt in that guide. PLEASE someone give me some advice please as to what to do to get maple installed, up and running. thanks a million.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Under Download Game Client" which you already found...

Did you try Downloading all the files into one place then when all the files are done downloading run MSSetupv177.exe to install?

Along with these:
    MSSetupv177.z01
    MSSetupv177.z02
    MSSetupv177.z03
    MSSetupv177.z04
    MSSetupv177.z05
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    Have you been using the Nexon Launcher to download the game? If so, have you tried uninstalling any current version of Maple (if you have one) and reinstalling using the launcher?
  • lookingforXlookingforX
    edited November 2016
    thanks the million ^_^ I only download the exe. and ill try the launcher and see if it works.

• lookingforXlookingforX
    edited November 2016
    it seems nexon launcher is only advertisement for nexon games....:P
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    lookingforX

it seems nexon launcher is only advertisement for nexon games....:P
    I think it partially is, not that I blame them. I imagine it's really convenient for anyone that plays multiple of Nexon's games, and I actually prefer it over the older system of loading Maple, logging in, and then entering a pin before getting to character select. It's pretty helpful for if the game crashes too, because you don't have to enter all your login details again.