[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Time to move on.

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited November 2016 in Rants and Raves
I'm a stubborn sort and Maplestory was a game that my brother and I connected in really well. I haven't seen him in 6 years... ever since my wife died. She enjoyed a bit of Maple too. I refused to leave... until it was finally time.

The 2x event came on and there were hackers in every channel of Warrior Grounds and no GMs seemed interested in handing out bans. Nexon loves hackers and really doesn't like the general legit population. Otherwise things would be done. The hacker love is self-evident.

I cannot keep a buff going for more than 15 minutes. I cannot keep Monster Park pots going because more than half the time they are stripped after I am randomly kicked by Nexon and robbed once again of XP or Commerci Denaros (or both) or whatever I was going for with limited entries (rice cakes in Dimension Invasion, etc). I am repeatedly griefed by the system that Nexon set up to catch amateur hackers so they could keep the professional hackers entertained while screwing over the legit players on Wifi or VPNs.

I had fun on Reboot for a while. Then the Ring event came out and the grindfest that is prevents folks like me from getting the prize. Then the V coin thing came out and there was an event that was nigh impossible to do without literally spending 24 hours on Maplestory kicking face in the entire time. The Pollo/Fritto completions thing became a barrier because at lvl 200 gear becomes a major hurdle for completing those. That's not ok.

All in all the population is somewhat helpful and most folks are busy doing their thing but happy to join a Commerci party quest or help one another with the hardest content so they can climb the DPS hurdles faster. This does nothing to outweigh the game that Nexon has built. It's fun at many parts but unreasonably tough at others and seems to favor those willing to buy services outside Nexon, thus endangering themselves as Nexon bans folks that procure outside services that they find out about (which aren't many, apparently).

I miss my wife, my brother... playing this kept part of their memory alive.

I suppose it's time to go.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    The biggest problem with the bots, that people gloss over all the time when complaining about them, is that as quickly as they're banned, another account is made, another blaze wizard is made, and it's right back to business. I'm not trying to say there isn't a problem, there most certainly is. The fact that I have to cycle through at least half of the channels on GRAZED, of all servers, to find a bot-free Upper Skyline map stands to reason.

The biggest issue is that we know what would curtail the bots, they probably know too, but for whatever reason that seems to take a back seat to new content and events.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    They should at the very least get rid of all the "player botters" they have at Destroyed world tree upper left stems. The gold farmers are obviously always going to come back but if you know where to look you can do a complete clean sweep of all of them in a very short period of time. Player botters continue to get away with it for weeks on end and they have the most obvious macros running.
    Kylehell007Lilyflower
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

They should at the very least get rid of all the "player botters" they have at Destroyed world tree upper left stems. The gold farmers are obviously always going to come back but if you know where to look you can do a complete clean sweep of all of them in a very short period of time. Player botters continue to get away with it for weeks on end and they have the most obvious macros running.
    But the biggest recurring issue is that you can do clean sweeps til you're blue in the face, but it won't stop the near-constant in-flow from junk accounts that are likely made with an automated script and, though I pray I'm wrong, a throwaway email service.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    1step at a time
    Lilyflower
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    The last part of your post sounds worryingly serious, and I hope by "time to go", you only mean quit playing Maple.

As Blackbean said above me, one step at a time is what getting rid of botters and rule breaking players will take. As I mentioned in another topic yesterday, it helps more than people realise to actually report players using hacks. So often I've seen players in many MMOs say that reporting doesn't do anything, but it all helps towards getting rid of the problem.
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2016
    ASoggyRat
    ASoggyRat said:

The last part of your post sounds worryingly serious, and I hope by "time to go", you only mean quit playing Maple.

As Blackbean said above me, one step at a time is what getting rid of botters and rule breaking players will take. As I mentioned in another topic yesterday, it helps more than people realise to actually report players using hacks. So often I've seen players in many MMOs say that reporting doesn't do anything, but it all helps towards getting rid of the problem.
    Explain to me then how i reported a person for macro/botting when they were at level 230 and is now lvl 240 while still freely macroing (most likely in the same exact map and channel as they usually are)
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2016
    double post~
  • HieroHiero
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Peep
    Peep said:

But the biggest recurring issue is that you can do clean sweeps til you're blue in the face, but it won't stop the near-constant in-flow from junk accounts that are likely made with an automated script and, though I pray I'm wrong, a throwaway email service.
    when its such a spam of botters, nexon should just lock the ability to create new accounts, and clean up the mess. if they can have manual control over new accounts on the forum, they should be able to have it on the game itself.
    Lilyflower
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Well, i don't think limiting the people entering the game is good, i mean is there any game that does that?
    And also how would they do this control over new accounts?
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    Yolo
    Yolo said:

Explain to me then how i reported a person for macro/botting when they were at level 230 and is now lvl 240 while still freely macroing (most likely in the same exact map and channel as they usually are)
    I'd love to be able to give you an answer on that, but only Nexon would know. I'm not trying to blindly defend Nexon or say they're doing amazing at getting rid of the botters. But none of us know what's actually going on, what they're doing to deal with this problem, or how they do it. It's disappointing and frustrating to see this in-game and see it seemingly going unpunished, but perhaps they ban them in waves every so often? I honestly have no idea how it works.