[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is this serious? (Not ironic)

PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
Reactions: 1,280
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I was checking the Strange Diaries events and I saw that Jewel Crafting event. So, I went to the event place and it were all laggy (although I didn't see anyone in the minimap and there weren't red dots marking the players). It was like a session of photos, my character would move after like 1~~2 minutes. Then, I managed to get to the portal and used alt to jump and up to enter in the portal. Alt was because I think the game returns to work by a millissecond when I move, so I did this to make sure I could get off the event plaza (I think it's this name). So, the screen blacked out and this message appeared:

Is there a chance that I get banned? Or is this a programmed message that just closes the game and it's all back to normal?

Comments

• GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    It's a standard disconnection message, mostly due to your lag in Event Hall. You're not actually banned for hacking, unless you actually were hacking, that is.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    it is a lagging issue, the game takes a while to update your location and so when it does the game thinks you are using a teleporting hack.
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016
    Thank you guys! I'm more calm now.
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited November 2016
    Same thing to me yesterday too. I got logged out by nexon with the exactly same message while i was in the middle of extracting boss drop gears in Ardentmill.

I could log back to maple after but I felt intimidated :(